Update

Soo i felt you guys were due for a text update of recent events in Midnight's life.
Well she's 5.5 months old now... and there's really not a lot happening with her right now.. she is started to try and make her own decisions.
Yesterday after class was over, I took off her coat and let her go see my teacher, while I gathered up my things; after receiving some loving from her, i walked out of the room without putting her coat back on....I saw a friend of mine and stopped to talk to her...and I hear from down the hall..."MIDNIGHT!! She doesn't have her coat on!!"
Midnight sat and watched my other teacher walk down the hall toward her, and didn't get up until I told her too...
Other people stopped and looked and chatted, and then I hear "ERIN!" OMG she's gotten so big!! Another student, from last semester.
So basically we were the attraction of the evening ;-). I did stop Midnights visiting, because she was getting too excited, and put her coat back on, and went on with my conversation,Not really paying attention to her...because like a good guide dog puppy she laid down on the floor and watched us talk. She's a little too good to be true sometimes!

I haven't been able to do much exposure trips with her besides, school and work; so over spring break we'll try and get that in also!

Her commands are really strong and I really pleased with her progress! At times she can be a bit of a bore...but I love it!! She is a easy pup to over correct, I will say that much, or a "soft" pup as you GDBers like to say lol!

Tomorrow she is going to her first play School House ROCK! lol
My sisters and i amused ourselves my going through the song list and sing and acting out as many of them as we could....
Other plans.....we have a puppy meeting coming up next Friday with the Regional Coordinator.... if everything goes as planned.
My new camera comes in tomorrow so I should be able to put on some pictures of Midi girl.
No news on Rei.

Time to start getting prepped for her 6 month eval...ours is just a paper version not a whole deal like others.

Works for me! lol

UpComing Events:

  • 3/24 - 3/28 ~ Spring Break!
  • 3/28 - Puppy Meeting - Asheville Fun Depot
  • 4/5 - 4-H Teen Retreat -Woohoo! Last years was a blast; and everyone loved Rei, so Midnight will not have a problem I think :-). Although it was a looong day for a 5 month old.

Comments

Mosier 'n Me said…
Yay for updates! :)
Glad to hear an update!! Sounds like Midnight is still her wonderful cute self!
Glad for an update. She sounds like a really nice puppy.
Erin said…
Glad for an update. She sounds like a really nice puppy.

Popular Posts