6.5 months
My Car is DeAD!!!!!!!!!
Just the breaks, but still it means I have no transportation and that I have to rely on my parents to get around..but what do you know..but their cars go out too!
My dad was able to fix his breaks last night.. and my mom is driving a rental... and I'm still riding. And this is where we realize just how much I appreciate my 1994 Nissan Sentra, with its, broken door, and wipers that don't work, and other multiple things that have gone wrong.
At least I could LEAVE this place.
Anyways on to the puppy stuff :
Yeah so this is the age when all good puppies turn... BAD.
Just Kidding of course.
The stage, I should say rather then the age; when Mom's word is not law
The I-don't-have-listen-to-you; if I don't want to stage.
When Things we thought we had conquered are rising back up!
Thankfully Midnight still has learned about Counters and such, but; the garbage is of sudden interest now, and jumping? Who taught her how to jump??
and MOUTHING?!? Seriously what is up with that?
So yeah just a few issues surfacing now...
She still is a very "soft" puppy, for example, I was in our yard with her, off leash; when she heard (at the same time i did) my siblings playing on the other side of our house. Midnight of course LOVES them and dashed off around the house. I also heard my neighbors child over there as well, and while she like Midnight when Midnight was 9 weeks old... she's not too fond of this galoot of a puppy that is now up to the same size she is.
I called Midnight...and of course Midnight stops and looks at me.
WRONG.
Midnight flicks her ears and continues on her way. Now being the oldest of 6, and have baby sat more times then humanly possible to count. That...shall we say.. disturbs me. So I march after her. Thankfully my neighbor was in the tree so Midnight jump on her. *whew*
I called Midnight again. And my brother started to run her back to me.
Thanks but no thanks... she needs to come because I called her not because she was brought back to me after she reached her destination...
So I marched over there brought her back to our original spot and let her go.
She of course ran back over to her "friends".
And this time when I got her, I let her know in No uncertain terms that she was to COME when Called.
Gruff Voice: "When I call yoU, you are to COME IMMEDIATELY in do you understand me?" Robyn we are going to need to go to the other side of the house to take pictures ok? Now you are going to SIT and STAY until I tell you to move."
And she sat.
Ears back and wondering what on earth she had done wrong.
I waited about a minute before releasing her
....except she didn't move.
In fact I had to drag her to a standing position; *eye roll*So we have a little streak of stubbornness but its easily corrected.
After that she was more then willing to listen, and stay by me.
Other than that she's doing really good on all of her commands and loves the find the door command.
Today we braved the Colleges Activity Day.
ugh.
I hate those events because they break our class up and MAKE us go to this thing for 3 hours, before we HAVE to go back to class.
I personally was dreading it because that meant taking Midnight into Security Guard Central.
But no one stopped or yelled... I did get a evil look from one of them, but he didn't say anything.
And Midnight and I got pictures taken of us by the campus photographer... ok, ok so I saw the guy taking pictures of the "band" or whatever they call that drum beating and maneuvered our way over there... now that i think about it; I don't know why on earth I did that, because I looked a hot mess.
Dumb Erin.
Only two more days of work left. For those of you who don't know, I'm leaving my job at Dog Daze, and moving on to another...daycare.

Mixed puppy


We have 5 Blue Tick Puppies, and 3 mixed puppies... do NOT ask me what thier names are...we are still having a hard time telling the Blue Ticks apart.
But who ever gets these guys are going to have thier hands FULL!! Already they are very hyper, loud and mouthy :-). Probably around 7-8 weeks I would say. But they do love to cuddle, and everytime I would go out and sit with them in the yard, they would ALL try and curl up in my lap... they are SO cute. BUT that does NOT make me want one :-). They are going to be a lot of work.
The bigger puppies are very laid back, mostly quiet..one of them is already displaying food and toy aggressions...the other two are just happy to be alive :-) Them i would take in a heart beat...
argh Stupid pictures won't turn right, so... there they are. :-)
I'm going to miss them. :-(
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.’ -Roger Caras
Just the breaks, but still it means I have no transportation and that I have to rely on my parents to get around..but what do you know..but their cars go out too!
My dad was able to fix his breaks last night.. and my mom is driving a rental... and I'm still riding. And this is where we realize just how much I appreciate my 1994 Nissan Sentra, with its, broken door, and wipers that don't work, and other multiple things that have gone wrong.
At least I could LEAVE this place.
Anyways on to the puppy stuff :
Yeah so this is the age when all good puppies turn... BAD.
Just Kidding of course.
The stage, I should say rather then the age; when Mom's word is not law
The I-don't-have-listen-to-you; if I don't want to stage.
When Things we thought we had conquered are rising back up!
Thankfully Midnight still has learned about Counters and such, but; the garbage is of sudden interest now, and jumping? Who taught her how to jump??
and MOUTHING?!? Seriously what is up with that?
So yeah just a few issues surfacing now...
She still is a very "soft" puppy, for example, I was in our yard with her, off leash; when she heard (at the same time i did) my siblings playing on the other side of our house. Midnight of course LOVES them and dashed off around the house. I also heard my neighbors child over there as well, and while she like Midnight when Midnight was 9 weeks old... she's not too fond of this galoot of a puppy that is now up to the same size she is.
I called Midnight...and of course Midnight stops and looks at me.
WRONG.
Midnight flicks her ears and continues on her way. Now being the oldest of 6, and have baby sat more times then humanly possible to count. That...shall we say.. disturbs me. So I march after her. Thankfully my neighbor was in the tree so Midnight jump on her. *whew*
I called Midnight again. And my brother started to run her back to me.
Thanks but no thanks... she needs to come because I called her not because she was brought back to me after she reached her destination...
So I marched over there brought her back to our original spot and let her go.
She of course ran back over to her "friends".
And this time when I got her, I let her know in No uncertain terms that she was to COME when Called.
Gruff Voice: "When I call yoU, you are to COME IMMEDIATELY in do you understand me?" Robyn we are going to need to go to the other side of the house to take pictures ok? Now you are going to SIT and STAY until I tell you to move."
And she sat.
Ears back and wondering what on earth she had done wrong.
I waited about a minute before releasing her
....except she didn't move.
In fact I had to drag her to a standing position; *eye roll*So we have a little streak of stubbornness but its easily corrected.
After that she was more then willing to listen, and stay by me.
Other than that she's doing really good on all of her commands and loves the find the door command.
Today we braved the Colleges Activity Day.
ugh.
I hate those events because they break our class up and MAKE us go to this thing for 3 hours, before we HAVE to go back to class.
I personally was dreading it because that meant taking Midnight into Security Guard Central.
But no one stopped or yelled... I did get a evil look from one of them, but he didn't say anything.
And Midnight and I got pictures taken of us by the campus photographer... ok, ok so I saw the guy taking pictures of the "band" or whatever they call that drum beating and maneuvered our way over there... now that i think about it; I don't know why on earth I did that, because I looked a hot mess.
Dumb Erin.
Only two more days of work left. For those of you who don't know, I'm leaving my job at Dog Daze, and moving on to another...daycare.

Mixed puppy


We have 5 Blue Tick Puppies, and 3 mixed puppies... do NOT ask me what thier names are...we are still having a hard time telling the Blue Ticks apart.
But who ever gets these guys are going to have thier hands FULL!! Already they are very hyper, loud and mouthy :-). Probably around 7-8 weeks I would say. But they do love to cuddle, and everytime I would go out and sit with them in the yard, they would ALL try and curl up in my lap... they are SO cute. BUT that does NOT make me want one :-). They are going to be a lot of work.
The bigger puppies are very laid back, mostly quiet..one of them is already displaying food and toy aggressions...the other two are just happy to be alive :-) Them i would take in a heart beat...
argh Stupid pictures won't turn right, so... there they are. :-)
I'm going to miss them. :-(
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.’ -Roger Caras



Comments
All those pups are so cute! Too bad you have to leave the daycare, good luck with your new job!
Yeah, Cobra does that too (as with all, i think!) and I march right after him and let him know who's boss!! :)
So thats why you were asking me about Blue tick coonhounds!! they are cute, and healthy looking anyways.
keep us updated!
All those pups are so cute! Too bad you have to leave the daycare, good luck with your new job!