Midnights Departure

Well...although I feel a bit guilty for this, I really don't miss her TOO much.
For one thing I know she's coming back soon, and that she's playing her heart out, with the other female in season down there. And working at a kennel/daycare facility helps, so I kind of know how things will probably run. I'll probably email my R/A Monday to see how things are going.
But I know she's fine, which is why i don't really want to email; because I already know what it will say.

Before my mom arrived with Midnight, my R/A and I had been talking about spaying Midnight, but I was once again told that she is strongly being looked at as a breeder.
And she confirmed that once Midnight arrived, and she was able to give her an impromptu, look over. Apparently Midnight has got the body for a breeder.

I don't know how I feel about that.

Basically with GDF, if your pup is chosen as a breeder, she will "graduate" and be placed with a Host family in NY. There will be the three month silence period, as with a guide and its handler. After that we are free to talk. If I remember correctly...they are bred 1-2 times a year, and then the rest of the time is spent with the family. After about 6-7 years of "working"...the pup is then offered back to the host family FIRST. She did say I would get to raise one of her puppies if this were to happen. So anyway, my R/A will be sending pictures and videos, to GDF so that the folks up there can look her over as well.

Tuesday I will admit after that I was pretty bummed...if she were to become a breeder, all my work with exposing her etc...seems to kind of be in vain. I know her obedience and etc..is not something to take lightly..regardless; but the other things........
I guess I'm still not ready to say good-bye permanently too her. And I think that's whats really getting me down right now. URhg.
My siblings have been asking me, (Autumn 6 and Weston 10) why we have to give her up, and could we possibly buy her from the school? It breaks my heart you know?

One day we'll get to keep a CC. ::grins::

Saturday -FORGET THAT I MISS MY GIRL BADLY!!!

Hi Erin, Just wanted you to know that Midnight and the other female in season are having a great time playing together in the yard. Haven't really seen any problem areas other than her grabbing my clothes and jumping for attention, we are working on these. Midnight seems to be a very nice girl and she looks to be at a good weight. I am hoping to get her back to you sometime during the first week of September, but I'll keep you posted on this.

*Note: Midnight only jumps on people she thinks will let her get away with that... except she keeps picking the wrong people lol!
-Regional Coordinator and Guide Dog Foundation Field Trainer

Comments

Popular Posts