Monday
I think I'm love :D Veda's doing great! One week down, and three short ones left.
Another difference between Wilderwood vs....$schoolName(Sorry am working on PHP homework) is that we actually train our dogs to be off-leash. Its a lot harder to teach this when they are older, but we're working at it.
Veda's fosters never tried it because he would run....welll that was because his people were running after him, which made him think it was just one big game!!
I knew he wouldn't take off, because I wasn't going to chase him....and I had lots of meaty treats!
Today he earned 20 minutes of off leash time and did very well; we're still working on the whole "Coming when called" but that's all part of the process. My goal is to make being off-leash no big deal. We've got a couple more weeks to work on it!
Puppy Walking with Wilderwood
Since we are such a small school we, don't have the staff to oversee a puppy program with smaller puppies, so Heather our Puppy Trainer is responsible for potty training, and teaching these pups the first 30 commands they will learn. She has her own kennel facility, so she's properly equipped to work with this. :D Although I think its more beneficial to start socializing younger, I doens't seem to hurt them too much, and the fosters are happy to not have to potty train.
Another difference between Wilderwood vs....$schoolName(Sorry am working on PHP homework) is that we actually train our dogs to be off-leash. Its a lot harder to teach this when they are older, but we're working at it.
Veda's fosters never tried it because he would run....welll that was because his people were running after him, which made him think it was just one big game!!
I knew he wouldn't take off, because I wasn't going to chase him....and I had lots of meaty treats!
Today he earned 20 minutes of off leash time and did very well; we're still working on the whole "Coming when called" but that's all part of the process. My goal is to make being off-leash no big deal. We've got a couple more weeks to work on it!
Puppy Walking with Wilderwood
Since we are such a small school we, don't have the staff to oversee a puppy program with smaller puppies, so Heather our Puppy Trainer is responsible for potty training, and teaching these pups the first 30 commands they will learn. She has her own kennel facility, so she's properly equipped to work with this. :D Although I think its more beneficial to start socializing younger, I doens't seem to hurt them too much, and the fosters are happy to not have to potty train.



Comments