Weekend Business
For me, this past week has been insane, one of our church members passed away suddenly, one of my close friends was getting married, and I was the pianist, I had a puppy that was going into foster care,....of which I didn't find out until too late; work at UTPD, and Ben, Bubbles, Texas and Daniel at home.
I still don't think I've quite recovered.
Daniel came with me, to the wedding rehearsal, and did fabulous, he of course had
loots of adoring fans, fawning over him the entire time. But since it was an outdoor wedding, I left them both at home, the next day, because I knew it was waaaaay to hot for man, let alone beast.
Sunday Ben...oops! Buddy, came out to eat with me, and our out of town guests, wowed them with his stellar behavior. The trainer who took him after me, has obviously done a lot of work, with him as far as his LLW goes, because he has DEFIANTLY improved vastly since I had him.
He laid quietly under the chair, alternating between chewing his rawhide, and watching people. He's one of the few dogs I've had that won't sleep, he'd rather keep an eye on things going on.
Today Daniel moved on, to another trainer, to work on his autism skills; so I took a risk, and brought Ben with me, to the drop off place. This meant I would be walking both of them through downtown. But they pleasantly surprised me, and both behaved awesomely! (They walk great at home, but I always expect the worse in new places, not in a bad way, but just because they don't necessarily generalize behaviors).
After Daniel left, I walked around downtown for bit, to see if we could find something that would make him pull....well besides another dog, but we did, he walked perfectly, we did some obedience, and then escaped the heat as quickly as possible.
Later on we made a "Midnight run" to Wal-Mart, because my siblings suddenly remembered they were hungry, and that Mom and Dad hadn't left any food for them. (grrrrrrr.....)
He did get a little excited, but a few c/t's later, he remembed that it was more rewarding to walk with me, and did great, performing a perfect down stay while I checked out.
Once home, I was cleaning up the house, wondering what my next dog would be like....and then I remember that Buddy WAS the next dog I was working with. Ha.
Normally, I'm having to keep the new dog segregated, reminding them of their potty training skills, exercising them overly.....
Its nice to have a dog, that just settles in quickly, as if he'd never been gone.
Have I mention I'm going to miss him when he leaves??
*sigh*
I still don't think I've quite recovered.
Daniel came with me, to the wedding rehearsal, and did fabulous, he of course had
loots of adoring fans, fawning over him the entire time. But since it was an outdoor wedding, I left them both at home, the next day, because I knew it was waaaaay to hot for man, let alone beast.Sunday Ben...oops! Buddy, came out to eat with me, and our out of town guests, wowed them with his stellar behavior. The trainer who took him after me, has obviously done a lot of work, with him as far as his LLW goes, because he has DEFIANTLY improved vastly since I had him.
He laid quietly under the chair, alternating between chewing his rawhide, and watching people. He's one of the few dogs I've had that won't sleep, he'd rather keep an eye on things going on.
Today Daniel moved on, to another trainer, to work on his autism skills; so I took a risk, and brought Ben with me, to the drop off place. This meant I would be walking both of them through downtown. But they pleasantly surprised me, and both behaved awesomely! (They walk great at home, but I always expect the worse in new places, not in a bad way, but just because they don't necessarily generalize behaviors).
After Daniel left, I walked around downtown for bit, to see if we could find something that would make him pull....well besides another dog, but we did, he walked perfectly, we did some obedience, and then escaped the heat as quickly as possible.
Later on we made a "Midnight run" to Wal-Mart, because my siblings suddenly remembered they were hungry, and that Mom and Dad hadn't left any food for them. (grrrrrrr.....)
He did get a little excited, but a few c/t's later, he remembed that it was more rewarding to walk with me, and did great, performing a perfect down stay while I checked out.
Once home, I was cleaning up the house, wondering what my next dog would be like....and then I remember that Buddy WAS the next dog I was working with. Ha.
Normally, I'm having to keep the new dog segregated, reminding them of their potty training skills, exercising them overly.....
Its nice to have a dog, that just settles in quickly, as if he'd never been gone.
Have I mention I'm going to miss him when he leaves??
*sigh*


Comments
Great pictures as always. x