The Firestation


I love how Pompei just luvvs to love. :)

Today was our first official puppy meeting, as guide pup and raiser. :) For his age, he performed very well in my very biased opinion. I am pleased to say that I didn't give him one leash correction the entire time!

When I switched from GDF to WSD, I think I was pretty adamant that leash correcting was  a vital part of dog training. Dog does something bad, correct it. Otherwise ignore the dog. I am not saying that this is what GDF taught me.....I'm going to blame the "dog whisperer" for that mode of thinking, and it just was never corrected.

At WSD, leash correcting was/is forbidden with their dogs, and so I had to learn the positive only method. I will admit I baulked, and bucked as much as I could, until I realized how much fun it was, to not HAVE to jerk my dog around, to get what I needed.

So for me, not to give a leash correction, in such a high distraction area,is a acomplishment! All "bad" behaviors were easily redirected, and Pompei and I both had fun.

He is such a confident puppy, he didn't even bat an eye at the sirens, horns, engine running, garage doors opening. Nothing.

I LOVE having a confident puppy.


Comments

yay for both of you!! A very successful outing.

Popular Posts