Stand + Stay

We haven't worked very hard on "Stand/Stays" since its not something that's overly required by the Guide Dog Foundation, too my knowledge.... But lately I've been throwing that into our obedience routines. He's surprised me actually...he's very quick to break his down/stay's at a distance, but did not break his stand stay. Or perhaps he was just tired. ::grins:: I don't know I don't care A+ Pompei!


Comments

What a great photo!!

Elizabeth & Luna
Anonymous said…
Nice pic! Pompei looks really Labrador-ish~! Anyway, if you're interested, feel free to drop by at our dogs' blog, which we just made. BTW, nice blog you have here!

Bing&Ben's Mum
adoptedmutts.blogspot.com
Beth and Alfie said…
Very nicely done, Pompei! Our school doesn't emphasize this one either but since it's so useful we've been working Alfie on it lately. For us it was harder to teach initially, I don't know why!
I love stand-stays, and I use them often with my dogs. It's not something they teach us on class, but I do teach on my own. When you're standing at an ATM, completing your business, having your dog at stand-stay watching behind you keeps some folks at a distance, enough so I don't worry about people looking over my shoulder.
Erin said…
Very nicely done, Pompei! Our school doesn't emphasize this one either but since it's so useful we've been working Alfie on it lately. For us it was harder to teach initially, I don't know why!
Erin said…
What a great photo!!

Elizabeth & Luna

Popular Posts