A Tired...

I know I've done posts like this before. Photos of Pompei sleeping contentendly looking, oh.so.cute. We all know, how awesome tired puppies are, and no one can tell you that more than I.
Let me tell you this.
Having three dogs during finals is crazy.insane.nuts. borderline irresponsible. and many more adjectives, that my sleep deprived brain can't think of at the moment. If its been a while since you've been in college, or you haven't made it to that milestone just yet, let me be the first to inform/remind  you about finals.  
I am taking five classes this semester, I have projects and papers due for all five...none of each class really caring or baring in mind of the things you have to do for the others. 
And as the end of the school year approaches, my mind is more and more geared towards, trying to get those projects accomplished, spending more and more time away from home, or sitting at my computer when I'm at home.
And the cold weather is not helping  one bit. The dachshunds, are more than happy to have 15-20 minute breaks outside, but Pompei is not. While he's been good....I can defiantly see the "acting" out behaviors, that come with boredom and teenage hood. Constant barking, lots and lots of energy, almost a frantic need to constantly go outside...
I did what I could, but it never seemed to be enough.
However.
As of today.
Its over.
All.
Over. (for this semester at least)
To celebrate, we spent about two hours letting him rip and run to his hearts content. It was about 50 degrees outside, so it was pleasant out. Pompei wore himself out, and crashed upon arriving in the house. These photos, are photos of not only a sleeping dog, but a dog that is TIRED. One that NEEDS sleep, not one thats sleeping because there is nothing else to do. 

Pompei and texas have discovered the warmth of the floor vents

Pompei moves his head away from the flash

Really mom? I'm trying to sleep here!
This my friends, is a the proverbial "Good Dog". 
Also Pompei's IFT date has been pushed back to February 2011....perhaps he just isn't meant to leave!? 
:)) 

Comments

Erin said…
Glad that you finally have time again for yourself!

I love the second picture of Pompeii and Texas, it's so sweet ! It also shows how close two of them are. May be it's as what you said, Pompeii is meant to stay...
Erin said…
Congratulations on getting through the school year! Glad you and Pompei got to have some fun time.

Where are the pix of Erin taking her nap?

Popular Posts