Puppy Diaries: Defense Tactics
![]() |
| Wook at his wittle bumped nose! How cute is dat?!?! <- See even I can't resist baby talk. |
Having a seven week old puppy is great to keep one in training mode, potty training is a given but, every little habit I let blossom is something I will deal with later on. So as we (family, friends, strangers) are interacting with him. Pompei taught me that other people can solidfy habits we deem undesirable quickly as well. So now, I'm constantly monitoring what I'm/their doing so I can be sure I won't have to "undo" anything later on.
We all know how easy THAT is.
When MonsterMoo (as I affectionately call him...) is tired, he turns into a little nut ball. Running in circles, clamping down HARD on whatever clothing or skin he can get at, coming back for more as soon as he's moved away. I was sitting in the grass, trying to fend him off, doing exactly what I tell my siblings NOT to do...(push him away) when I suddenly realized 1.) it was nap time and 2.) All I needed to do was stand up. I was sitting there rewarding him by pushing him away, He still got what he wanted and to him it was game.
![]() |
| Rob grabbed hold of my camera bag strap during his mini photoshoot. |
As soon as I stood up he wandered off to pick up a leaf.
Ahh the learning process that is puppy raising. I love it.
Today was Rob's first official outing as a guide dog puppy, at my church's choir practice this evening. I had no expectations for this outing, and .....*drum roll please*... He exceeded them! ::grins:: Not that there were any expectations I could put on him,..he was a bit miffed that he couldn't explore the building and that that "black thing" was stopping him from checking out the other people, but he soon settled down on the towel I'd brought to help "orient" him, and slept through the remaining practice. I'm just glad he's not as noisy as Pompei was when he got frustrated!
Now he's curled up at my feet, much in the same position in the photo above, who knew napping for an hour made one soo tired.
Wish I could!!
Fun Fact(s): My dad and sisters name are both Robin/Robyn and my brothers Middle name is Robert (which is Rob's "full" name) so this will be an interesting year name wise. :))
Technically Rob was SIX weeks when I got him, he didn't turn SEVEN until Friday. He's a big 6/7 week old puppy to say the least!



Comments
Hmmm, that's an idea. Maybe the military should look into giant puppy holograms instead of weapons.