5 Months

Wow, I'm actually typing this up on the actual day of his "birthday!" 
Will wonders never cease. 


Its hard to believe my baby is five-months-old. 
Mainly because it seems we've gone backwards instead of forwards.
I find myself telling myself things like "this too shall pass" and "surely he'll grow out of this" and "Rei probably did this too and look at her now." 


I've heard dogs do have a right and left preferences just like humans, and Rob has convinced me of that fact. The whole "conditioning for the left side" is a foreign concept to him, even after 21+ weeks of working with him walking on my left side, he still will lag behind and switch to my right side. 


Yesterday, I finally decided to make sure my leg was aligned with the middle of his body at all times, and I discovered how Monkey Boy was switching sides so quickly. I believe I mentioned before that Monster Moo, despite the mental busyness, walks slower than Methuselah on crack? Yes? No? Not ringing a bell? 


Well he does.
Especially after we've been shopping for an hour or so.
Especially in 91 degree heat. 
Anyone missing winter yet? 
Not me!


What he would do, is slow down far enough behind me, and when I asked him to "hup up" he'd speed up and align himself on the right side. So instead of walking ahead and constantly calling him up, I slowed down to his speed. 


Which was very.very. slow. 


You could see the question in his eyes, as he realized I was on to him; but we were able to finish our shopping trip in the right position, and even walked at a normal pace for a while. 


We did have a moment where I had to explain to him, that stealing is wrong and could get mama into trouble had I not noticed him with said squishy toy in his mouth. Again. 


Anyway, let's not talk about Rob's rap sheet at the moment and focus on something...cuter: 
Hi, my name is Erin and I call my dogs names..


Most of my dogs nick names are variations of their real names, meant for those times when you just want to call the dog, because he/she is cute without requiring their full attention. (So they don't start ignoring their real names)

Bubbles
(who does pretty much ignore her name)
Double Bubbles
Bubbaloo
Bubsy

Texas
Tex-Mex
Texipoo
Texi-doodle
Yo Bud
Thing 2

Then we have Rob.
Oh Rob.
The thing about Rob is he has sooo many. nicknames.
A few of which he does respond too... 
His philosophy?
There just might be some food involved.
Humans speak? I look.
Which means I may just have to come up with an "In Public" name for him.
Like I'm going to be able to remember that. *snickers

But back to his nicknames:

Cheese Steak
Rob Champ Bear
Roberto
Robsters
Rob-Dog
Roo Roo
Monster Moo
Wob-Wob
Rob-Rob
Thing 1
Taz
Tigger
Pokeman 
ARGH! 

Most of these nicknames were invented by friends,family and co-workers while others were my own interpretations. :) Cheese steak, which probably qualifies as the random-est thing my dogs have ever been called, was one of my co-workers attempt at humor. The ones I come up with are strictly behavior based. And that's all I'm going to say on that. 

What Nicknames do you come up for you pups? 


Oh. I almost forgot! (Don't know how I could do that..) 
I have a car!!!! Yay for no more posts-griping-about-how-I-can't-go-anywhere-anymore!! 
Bubbles, Rob and Texas sit in the back of my 2004 Pontiac Vibe
Rob's signature

Comments

Pattibrehler said…
Fun post!  Nicknames for my dogs:  Gypsy is often called "Gypsy-doodle" (like your Texas!), "Gypsy-doodle-dandy," "Gypsy-whipsy," "Whiner-rimer" (yep, based on behavior), "Gypser."  Guess many nicknames based on "Gypsy."

FLD Gus is frequently called:  "Guster-buster," "Gustav" (sometimes followed by "Mahler"), "Forest Gus," "Buddy," "Goof-ball," "Monster-paws" (by my niece, who even wrote a poem about his monster paws).
Mandy Jones said…
Saxon gets called bubbles quite frequently...
Elisa Leyva said…
Super cute nicknames! Moxie my doxie has tons of nicknames too and he responds to several, probably because of the food too! His nicknames are Moxmox, Mr. Doodles,  Doodlicious, Doodoodles, Munchkin, Pumpkin, Little big paws and many more! 

Popular Posts