11 Months Old
Thursday morning David and I attended our first obedience MeetUp its been a while since we've been able to attend one, as most of the walks happen on mornings that I have to work, or are too far away for me to travel. Since its been a while since I've worked with anyone else in a group type session I was excited about this opportunity.
While it turned out just to be David, Myself and the MeetUp organizer and her dog, we were able to get some things accomplished and I had a TIRED dog for the rest of the day. David hasn't worked with/around another dog in about an embarrassingly long time, and it showed. We spent the majority of our time getting David to focus on me instead of the other dog, by the time we wrapped up for the day, we were standing two feet away, with two quiet dogs, neither lunging or making huge attempts to solicit attention from the other. It helped that the other dog really didn't want to interact with David, however we'll take our victories wherever we can get them. My hope is that we can get together at least once a week, but with my luck as soon as I find something fun like this, my schedule gets tossed up in the air.
So, I have an 11-Month-old. A stubborn, nutty, crazy, bouncy, noisy, boundary pushing, adolescent male. Its hard to believe that I have a dog this old already; and its also odd to realize that I still have almost a half a year left with him. I hope in that time I'll have a chance to see the dog he has the potential of being.





Comments
Sam
http://howsamseesit.blogspot.com/