Is this still on?
Is blogging still a thing? It has been too long friends! I'm not even sure if there is anyone out there, but I miss this world where we shared stories of our lives in long-hand, versus the shorthand we've gotten so used to through social media. Even if it is not a thing, I'm going to try and revive it if only to motivate me to get my s***t together a bit more.
| Wednesday aka Little Cat |
Honestly, the whole reason I even thought about this blog is that I'm feeling more and more pushed to get back into puppy raising and volunteering. It has been almost six years since I've held the leash of a dog with a higher purpose, and the toll it has taken on me mentally hasn't been good.
Had you asked me when I first started raising, if there was anything I would ever put ahead of raising service dogs I would have told you a resounding 'NO'. I was dedicated even if it meant working minimum wage jobs and living in a single-wide trailer that was falling down around my ears. I LOVED my life and was grateful for the fulfillment it brought me.
Life has a way of slapping you back to reality pretty quickly, and I had to come to a place where I wanted a better place for not only my animals but my self.
Fast Forward to my lovely apartment home. Yes, we're still here three years later and it's officially time to go. Not because I don't still love it with all my heart *and by it I mean I love only paying $450 a month for housing* - but mentally I need a space where I can have a bigger dog, and I can have space for all three cats to exist and not kill each other, and Texas can still sleep his life away as his senior years creep ever closer.
After multiple discussions with my friends, family, and therapist - I have officially decided to move into a house when my lease is up in April. This decision hasn't been easy for me, I've wanted to move out of Tennessee almost since I arrived here, but after getting a promotion at my current job, it just is not the time to make a leap that big. If I have to stay here, I might as well be happy while doing it.
So that's the goal. New House by June - New puppy by August.
| Texas - 12 Years Old |
| Ichabod & Wednesday |
Wednesday aka Little Cat
Now, I know you're all wondering who that cat is in the picture... or you may not have, that my friends, is my current "foster" known as Little Cat Wednesday named by my boyfriend A who is completely unimaginative when it comes to naming animals. However, it has stuck because I can't call her anything else. But watching the newest Addams Family movie, I knew she was, deep down Wednesday Addams. It also fits because her best friend is Ichabod (which is the tree's name in the movie as well).
How she arrived at my house is all A's fault, he's the one that originally rescued her but quickly realized how difficult it was adding a cat, to an already established cat family (he has two seniors). After about two weeks of her terrorizing his house, and his cats freaking out, I swooped in and rescued her from outdoor cat life.
Wednesday's transition into the apartment has been just as stressful as you can imagine. With the small amount of space I have, keeping three cats completely separate from each other for days hasn't been easy, and honestly just hasn't happened. Luckily Ichabod came around the quickest and is happy to entertain and be entertained by her.
| Katniss aka Demon Cat |
Katniss still hates her guts - but thanks to a lot of management by me, some Feliway plugins, and some Jackson Galaxy's Stress Stopper - we can now all exist with an open door policy and minimal hissing and swatting.
Life was decent for two days, and now HEAT has hit. One WEEK before her spay date. I could cry yall. Is there anything worse than a kitten who loves to be outside, that is now trapped in a house with three other animals and is annoying them to death?
No, there is not.
Let's all say a prayer that it will just last for a few days, and we can have a normal weekend before we once again trap her in the house so she can heal from her surgery.

Comments