Hoommee Allonnee
Weekend Shift: 7Am - 12 PM and 3PM - 6 PM
{Yes I have to leave and come back}
Recently, my job has told us not to bring our pups with us on the weekends.
For my co-workers and their pets...not a big deal as they don't bring their dogs all the time during the week.
For me...That's a blow, because I ALWAYS have Midnight with me. She's my responsibility! I can't expose her to things with her sitting at home now can I? So on Saturday's my family watches over her.... But Sunday's have been the hardest so far. Since my family is commuting across the mountain to church and is not at home allll day.
It takes me 20 minutes to get to work from my house.....I leave at 6:30 AM...work until 12:00PM.....got to church for about an hour.....leave from there....15 minutes to get some food and go home... 1:30ish, let Midnight out and excersise her as much AMAP....clean up the mess... and head back out at 2:30PM, to make it back to work by 3:00PM.
I have crated her....that doesn't work out so well, I have blocked her in rooms .... *sigh* lets just say..a bored puppy is NOT a GOOD puppy.
So either I"m stuck with trying to rush home after work, and church to let her out or, let my family take her across the mountain with her.
Now I love my family dearly, but I am a little nervous that she's not high up on the priority list.
I'm about ready to scream....but I really don't have a choice in the matter right now.
So this weekend we I decided I'd just try this home alone thing one more time.
Saturday: Since i knew I could come home right away, I figured five hours in the crate wouldn't kill her... And it didn't....but I had a mess to clean up!
The afternoon session was better...also shorter as well.....
But Sunday I wanted to try something different: I WAS PREPARED. Our family room has a limited amount of things in it and is laminate flooring...so I set up camp in there.
- Natures Miracle, Bitter Apple,Puppy Pads and TWO nylabones...not to mention, Crate, two baby gates, Clean floor, a kong, a sterile bone, a host of other toys, and water.
I sprayed the furniture thoroughly with the bitter apple spray, and set up the puppy pads...she taught herself to use those when she was younger..!? OH weelll
When I finally got home Sunday Afternoon....the pads were all torn up, and she'd had one accident...but everything else was INTACT!! Woohoo! After playing with her, and cleaning up the mess, I made sure to spray the PPs as well before I left, and stuffed several of her toys with her kibble and peanut butter. Apparently that kept her busy because when I got home that night, it was as if nothing had happened!
I was soo proud :-)
This weekend we'll give it another go...but this time with a little more excersise ;-)
*whew*
Speaking of excersise...I'm very proud of myself this week ::grin::, I made a commitment to myself that I would walk my dogs more on the days that we didn't go to daycare, and so far I have kept it!!! Only about a mile in length, but that's more then enough to tire Midnight and Bubbles out! Plus it gets me off the computer lol!! My parents love me having a dog.
{Yes I have to leave and come back}
Recently, my job has told us not to bring our pups with us on the weekends.
For my co-workers and their pets...not a big deal as they don't bring their dogs all the time during the week.
For me...That's a blow, because I ALWAYS have Midnight with me. She's my responsibility! I can't expose her to things with her sitting at home now can I? So on Saturday's my family watches over her.... But Sunday's have been the hardest so far. Since my family is commuting across the mountain to church and is not at home allll day.
It takes me 20 minutes to get to work from my house.....I leave at 6:30 AM...work until 12:00PM.....got to church for about an hour.....leave from there....15 minutes to get some food and go home... 1:30ish, let Midnight out and excersise her as much AMAP....clean up the mess... and head back out at 2:30PM, to make it back to work by 3:00PM.
I have crated her....that doesn't work out so well, I have blocked her in rooms .... *sigh* lets just say..a bored puppy is NOT a GOOD puppy.
So either I"m stuck with trying to rush home after work, and church to let her out or, let my family take her across the mountain with her.
Now I love my family dearly, but I am a little nervous that she's not high up on the priority list.
I'm about ready to scream....but I really don't have a choice in the matter right now.
So this weekend we I decided I'd just try this home alone thing one more time.
Saturday: Since i knew I could come home right away, I figured five hours in the crate wouldn't kill her... And it didn't....but I had a mess to clean up!
The afternoon session was better...also shorter as well.....
But Sunday I wanted to try something different: I WAS PREPARED. Our family room has a limited amount of things in it and is laminate flooring...so I set up camp in there.
- Natures Miracle, Bitter Apple,Puppy Pads and TWO nylabones...not to mention, Crate, two baby gates, Clean floor, a kong, a sterile bone, a host of other toys, and water.
I sprayed the furniture thoroughly with the bitter apple spray, and set up the puppy pads...she taught herself to use those when she was younger..!? OH weelll
When I finally got home Sunday Afternoon....the pads were all torn up, and she'd had one accident...but everything else was INTACT!! Woohoo! After playing with her, and cleaning up the mess, I made sure to spray the PPs as well before I left, and stuffed several of her toys with her kibble and peanut butter. Apparently that kept her busy because when I got home that night, it was as if nothing had happened!
I was soo proud :-)
This weekend we'll give it another go...but this time with a little more excersise ;-)
*whew*
Speaking of excersise...I'm very proud of myself this week ::grin::, I made a commitment to myself that I would walk my dogs more on the days that we didn't go to daycare, and so far I have kept it!!! Only about a mile in length, but that's more then enough to tire Midnight and Bubbles out! Plus it gets me off the computer lol!! My parents love me having a dog.

Comments