Mountain State Fair (LONG)

This years trip to the fair, went a lot quicker and smoother than in past years. Normally we are arrive in the morning around 10AM...(us home schoolers can get in for free :-D) and stay until about 12AM. Needless to say that is a long stressful day on human and puppies.
Jake was the youngest pup I've taken so far, he was 6 months old, and boy did that wear him out! Rei was 11 months is a great age for a puppy in training to visit the fair...IMO;

Midnight
Midnight also was 11 months and was ....for the most part....a good girl. After a while of her pulling, I looped her leash around her chest in a sort of harness; which helped a lot!

After we had all gathered, with our homeschool group, we walked around the exhibit tent; to look at all the things, various students had entered this year, and then we headed up the hill, to watch a herding demonstration. These dogs are FOCUSED, and it was cool to watch them work...while the sheep didn't want anything to do with collie...they figured Midnight was no threat and came over to sniff her.
One of these days I think it would be cool just to watch them TRAIN one of these dogs
Run sheep Run !!!

sheep go around barrier

Dog herding sheep


Photobucket
{Kristen, Midnight, Robyn and Justine}
Midnight watching the dogs
{Midnight watching the show}
Photobucket
{She knows where to find the shade :-D}
One of the animal shows this year, was BEAR MOUNTAIN. I made sure to sit a little distance away, because of the issues with the dogs vs. exotic animals last year! And...there weren't any other shady areas....so Midnight down/stayed in the shade of a tent and drank water, and ate grass etc..etc.. (a bad habit but how do you break her of that?)
Photobucket
{Workin' hard....yet hardly working}
bear playing basketball
Photobucket

Halfway through the show, a little boy came and sat down beside her; Midnight just ate grass and watched him calmly. Before I knew it, she had crept closer to him, until her front paws were touching his shoes. The dumb dog was STILL eating grass, so the little boy thought it might be good for him to feed it too her.
At this point his parents noticed and thought it was really cute, (which I will admit even though he shouldn't have been doing that, it was cute.) they started asking me about her, etc...As it turns out they had a little girl who was blind, and so they brought her over and let her love on Midi, explaining to her that maybe one day she could get one as well.
Then another group of handicap children saw the dog and came running over to pet her...before I knew it we were getting more attention then the bears!
Maybe that is because the show was over...? Hmm that is possible..ha ha
She handled all the attention like a pro...that or she knew that these kids were different....
Photobucket
{BAD PICTURE OF ME...JUST TRY AND FIND MIDNIGHT. ...Notice whose wearing the backpack.}
After that we played.."Leave the Cheetos Under the Table" and then walked around the various tents..trying to stay out of the sun as much as possible. I did have Midnight wear a small dog backpack for some of the time...with it on she seemed much more, work oriented...She didn't have on the entire period...I did HA HA

Around 2:00PM, I felt it was time to go, Midnight was panting heavily, and I didn't want to risk much more ...we'd be back this upcoming Friday as it is.

So that end our first trip to the fair. -

Puppy Meeting coming up later on....



Comments

Princess Coral said…
Hi Midnight!
I bet you're happy to be back with Mom again! Sounds like a fun fair you went to! You are so good not to get distracted with all the dogs! I'm a working guide, but I always get in trouble for trying to say hi to other doggies on the street... Yes, greens are good for you! I like to eat grass too!

Coral
Jake and Joanna said…
Is that a REAL bear REALLY riding a bicycle???? that looks so... unusual!!
Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said…
What a neat experience.
Erin and Co. said…
Yess Jo, those are REAL bears...on a real bicycle...have you been to the circus?
I wish I could have gone to that fair! I still want to meet Midnight before she goes back.
Glad you had fun!

Frankie's trainer
Caitlin&Laser said…
Oh those dogs and their affinity for eating grass. :-) Mine does it too, and it's such a habit to break. Yay Midnight for being such a good girl around all of that; it sounds like a very intense day for her. Glad she did wel..

Popular Posts