A Poem *ahem*
Before I was a Dog Mom
Before I was a Dog Mom I slept as late as I wanted and never worried how late I got to bed...or if I could get into my bed.
Before I was a Dog Mom I didn't worry if my plants, cleansers, plastic bags, toilet paper, soap or deodorant were poisonous or dangerous.
Before I was a Dog Mom I had complete control of my thoughts, my body and my mind, I slept all night without sharing the covers or pillow.
Before I was a Dog Mom I had never held a sleeping puppy just because I couldn't put it down. I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every ten minutes to make sure all was well. I didn't know how warm it feels inside to feed a hungry puppy. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.
A Dog Mom
*Excuse me while I go get a tissues, though I do have to say that with dachshunds, they will sleep as long as you do :D*

Comments