#Fail

Ira - Can I have a treat?

One things these dogs have taught me is patience. And believe me I have lots of it; its taken 2 weeks for my patience to finally run dry.

The constant chewing and pacing this dog does is boggling. Even after coming back from a good run, she's still looking for something. pacing from room to room, up on counters, up on sinks..etc..etc..

She's been constantly on tie-down, yet the instant she's off, she's going to check out the counters etc..etc..

Finally so frustrated was I,that at 10PM I leashed her and Texas and just walked as fast and as hard as I could around our little cul-de-sac. I can't tell you how long we walked, but my legs hurt and she hasn't moved since.

So apparently the big elephant in the room here is that I'm not providing her enough structured exercise.

I don't have much of an area to "walk" so mostly let the dogs just run around, which seems to satisfy most of my trainee's except for ...Gideon, and Tim....and now Ira.

Its so hard to remember to let the DOG tell you what they needs and not just go on what you want to do.

urgh.


I must go and finish being frustrated with myself so tomorrow will go better. Nobody ever said dog training was easy!!

Thanks for letting me rant, this week is Grad week, so I should have lots of happy stuff to post! :)

Comments

Well our mum has never trained dogs but has always had them in her life.
She has always believed that a tired dog is a good dog although with some dogs this can be hard!
Looks like you have found a high energy dog who will get you fit!

love
Martha & Bailey xxxx
Ira sounds really high-energy. Good luck finding ways to wear her out.
Anonymous said…
Do you have a crate big enough for her? Maybe if she had "her own space" she'd feel more comfortable. Plus, it could help eliminate some of your destructive problems.

Jen

Popular Posts