Ira and Things

I haven't blogged much about Ira's Training...mainly because I haven't been here to do it, which isn't all that bad since training isn't at the fore front of Ira's brain right now anyways.

Teenage stage anyone? 


From Collages
 Anyway, she's been here for 1 Month and 3 Days; and we've accomplished......with Ira? I'm ashamed to admit not much....but with me?
Ira's Reminded me of some very important facts:
  1. The benifit of using interactive toys
  2. How much mental exercise is just as important and tiring to a dog as physical 
  3. The benefit of crate training 
  4. The importance of an air conditioned home. 
  5. Frustration at a dog just makes you more frustrated, the more frustrated you want to be. .....yeah..
  6. Never leave a pup (even an older one) unattended in the house.
Ira has also shown me picking things off the floor is not proper puppy proofing. But that counters, dressers, and nightstands, tables, desk etc...
My assessment of Ira is, well one she's part Border Collie, and since she's used to being in a household with more activity going on, my house is really understimulating for her. I've noticed that she is extremely comfortable in places with lots of activity, noise and is able to relax (always a great trait for a SD) but in my home, where......there is me on my computer and my dogs sleeping...well she finds it ratha boring.

Truthfully on days I'm not working, we don't just hang out at home, unless I want to either have her on leash/crated all the time, or chase her around taking things out of her mouth.

I don't mind taking her out as she is a little angel and makes me really see the potential in her. If only she'd act that way at home. Please don't get me wrong, she's not a bad dog, or bad service dog material, just still very much a puppy!!!

From 0EDIT
{No Mom see I am SERIOUS!}

From 0EDIT
{NOT!}
*sigh* Who can't help but love this face?? (even if you did catch it shredded your memory foam mattress pad)

Comments

She does look like a teenager in those photos where she's rolling around in the grass, grin.

Popular Posts