Old Friends

As a puppy walker,  you meet and communicate a lot with the general public while out and about with a dog and sometimes we make a friend or two at those places we frequent the most. Living a city the size of K-Town, the likelihood of my going to same place twice is very low,(There are three Wal-Marts within a five mile radius of my house) but there are a few places, such as Sam's Club, of which there is one in my vicinity.

My school is the one place where people know me and my dogs name, due to being there four days a week, for hours on end. So today I had an issues with my financial aid that I needed taken care of, so I decided to bring Pompei along for moral support, and because I knew my head would roll if I left him behind.

People get quite possessive of my dogs. *Why I keep their leashes firmly in my grip! :))

The FA staff were delighted to see him, and fawned and coo'd all over him, I let him get petted since we were in an back office, and not around for the general public to see, and boy did he love that. There are always interesting comments made while I'm out, but one I thought funny, was the explanation of the "Lab Hug."

Apparently labs like to hug, by pressing their body against you.

*Cues cricket sounds.

Alrighty then, we got what we needed taken care of, and set off too find our favorite teacher, not being able to find her, we left to do some therapeutic shopping. Pompei is a great little shopper, unlike my other pups who would collapse against the floor the instant they were in the A/C, Pompei stays standing by my side until I give him  the command to "down/stay".

This weekend we are planning to imbark on a new experiance for the Pompsters....ROAD TRIP!! Nothing long and tedious, Pompei will do fine and have a blast exploring new places, me on other hand...well Pompei is not the only dog coming on this trip, so life should be very interesting for me...to say the least!

Prepare yourselves for a bucket load of photos when we arrive back!

Comments

Kristen said…
More dog pictures? ^_-
Pompei,

Road Trip..WooHoo! Sounds like a wonderful weekend full of new things to see and sniff! Have fun!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae
Lisa and pups said…
I laughed out loud at the *cue cricket sounds* because that is exactly what I was thinking. Glad Pompei is doing so well and is so well loved. Good look on your road trip! Hos and I went to a National Park today and thought of you!
Elijah said…
Hi,
My name is Elijah and I'm raising my first puppy for Canine Companions for Independence. Dembre is 3 months old and doing well! Your blog is amazing! I love your title box with all the photos! Pompei is a gorgeous dog! Feel free to stop by my blog ccipuppyblog.blogspot.com
Erin said…
I laughed out loud at the *cue cricket sounds* because that is exactly what I was thinking. Glad Pompei is doing so well and is so well loved. Good look on your road trip! Hos and I went to a National Park today and thought of you!
Erin said…
Have a fun trip!!

Popular Posts