Teenagers

I've decided the "Teenage Stage" (as we lovingly refer to the time when our pups loose/gain their brains) is like a super-hero's costume. When they finally are able to fit into it, they love to use its powers to the nth degree. Pompei over the last TWO weeks, has tried out a few of the "perks" of his new super suit.   Let's just say I'm so glad I had two of the same camera lenses. Or I'd not be a happy PW at this point. And no I'm not taking the blame for this one Pompei. Sorrrry. 


Lesson Learned: Clean said dogs crate early enough in the day so that I can be available for use at all times. I just though we were past this already! *sobs* I was wrong.
Goofy Pompei spots a Butterfly
In the meantime Pompei's new "super suit" has made him realize that dogs his size aren't so intimidating after all. Our neighbors dog Rusty (an obnoxious, drooling, under exercised golden retriever) loves to slide under neath the fence separating our yards and "visit" with my dogs. I put those quotations around the word: visit for this reason. Bubbles and Texas one immediately go after him (as you can see in the third photo down) and Pompei runs from him, most of the time under the porch.   Two weeks ago, Pompei has realized how much fun it is having a dog his own size and is now standing at the fence enticing Rusty to "come on over and play!" He's now become a regular in our yard, much to his owners dismay. Personally I don't mind as Rusty is able to wear Pompei out. I'm just sad that Pompei is leaving just as the start to become "Friends". 
Wait for me!!
TAG!

Pompei doing a Bob(GDTX)  impression :)

Comments

Natalie said…
Haha he and Bob do look so much alike! Yes, Bob loves to play tag/tackle... I'm glad Pompei has another big dog to play with even if it is just for a bit :)
Unknown said…
Pompeii looks so happy in the pictures! How nice to have friends who are the same size and I'm sure Pompeii will learn a lot through playing with Rusty or at least, he will be worn out by playing with Rusty and give you some peaceful time later on.
Erin said…
Haha he and Bob do look so much alike! Yes, Bob loves to play tag/tackle... I'm glad Pompei has another big dog to play with even if it is just for a bit :)

Popular Posts