Puppy Diary: Hours to go....
It was late Wednesday evening when I got the email.
The subject line was an image file sequence so I knew it had to be a photo of my baby.
Gmail couldn’t open fast enough as my breath caught...what would he look like?
Would he look like his Midnight? I instantly rebuked myself knowing it would be detrimental to our future relationship if I already thought of him as a Midnight clone. "I have to accept him for who HE is and not who I want him to be" a semi-difficult transition for someone who goes through dogs are frequently as I.
When the image finally loaded it was love. Fully and completely. His solemn dark eyes stared out from the screen as he peered from between the bars of the x-pen, towards the person with the camera. My heart ached to squeeze his tiny body in my arms, how would I survive the remaining 15 hours until I would see him?
Just from the photo I can tell he'll be different from Pompei, he just looks laid back... which made me unexpectedly said for a moment. My other goofy, bouncy,boy is still holding a piece of my heart in his paws, and though I'm eager to bring Mr. R into my home, Pompei is not far from my thoughts.
However, though I did have my doubts three weeks ago, I know I'll be able to welcome Mr. R into my house with a open heart.
I mean how could you not love such a cute labby face??
The subject line was an image file sequence so I knew it had to be a photo of my baby.
Gmail couldn’t open fast enough as my breath caught...what would he look like?
Would he look like his Midnight? I instantly rebuked myself knowing it would be detrimental to our future relationship if I already thought of him as a Midnight clone. "I have to accept him for who HE is and not who I want him to be" a semi-difficult transition for someone who goes through dogs are frequently as I.
When the image finally loaded it was love. Fully and completely. His solemn dark eyes stared out from the screen as he peered from between the bars of the x-pen, towards the person with the camera. My heart ached to squeeze his tiny body in my arms, how would I survive the remaining 15 hours until I would see him?
Just from the photo I can tell he'll be different from Pompei, he just looks laid back... which made me unexpectedly said for a moment. My other goofy, bouncy,boy is still holding a piece of my heart in his paws, and though I'm eager to bring Mr. R into my home, Pompei is not far from my thoughts.
However, though I did have my doubts three weeks ago, I know I'll be able to welcome Mr. R into my house with a open heart.
I mean how could you not love such a cute labby face??


Comments
Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae