"Off Dave!"

Monday night, David figured out how to get onto my couch. He'd been watching the dachshund's carefully, and had even tested the plushness of it, by laying all but his back legs on it. He was sold.

The only problem? How to get his whole, entire, body on this wonderful thing. That took some thinking, but he got himself up and snuggled in.

I, inwardly sighing, removed him. [after getting no response to my "off" cue. Mental note to start teaching that]
He (possibly a little confused) got back up.
I got him back off.
He got back on.
I put him in the kitchen. Better to not let him keep practicing this behavior! :)  

I placed the coffee table up on the couch, effectively blocking of all but a dachshund sized space, and until we re-stock our dog bed supply (Thank you Trump) I placed a pillow down on the floor so he'd have something to cuddle with.

It worked!

He hasn't attempted to get back on the couch since! :)
I love my pillow! [David laying with this head on the pillow, and his tongue slightly protruding from his mouth.]

Comments

Erin said…
Awwww, smart puppy. I mean, puppy raiser!
Erin said…
You are the smartest.  Jam is a drive by coucher, by that I mean, he runs by the couch, jumps up on it, then I yell OFF! and he jumps off and runs into another room.  Silly boy.
Erin said…
Yeah, my labs loved to do the same thing, and my will power is weak when it comes to resisting how cute they look curled on there. So its easier to make it so they can't even get to. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? Its true. lol!! 
Erin said…
"Off" is a fun one to teach. Because Elka is allowed on the furniture, we also have "move", so that we can reclaim our spots and things of that nature!
Erin said…
He looks so adorable in that last picture. The boy just likes him some  soft&fluffy

Popular Posts