Breaking the Routine

Its funny, now that my time with David has a deadline on it (one I don't know about just yet) I'm ready to break out of the "routine" and spend more time with him. So instead of just sticking him in the yard with the other dogs, we walked the neighborhood surrounding the clinic, we walked to the grocery store and grabbed a drink, we did spend sometime playing with friends and practicing recall; before returning to the kennels. 
David forges a path down the sidewalk

David is at the age where I can tell, he knows a difference between when his coat is on, and when its off. It seemed to take a bit longer than the labs, but now that he's got it.. he's got it. Sans coat one would think he hadn't seen a leash before in his life, snap the yellow jacket on, and he's "heeling" like nobody's business. (And by heeling I mean "guide dog heel" not .... just trust me on this one)

David and Berkley 
After a full day of work, David is more than ready to crash when we get home, after dinner has been consumed, and some training gone over, he's out. Nothing disturbs him... except me laughing. 
David curled up on his bed asleep. 


That greatly annoyed him. If you haven't seen an annoyed collie before well... lets just say its not quiet. *snorts* I did it a couple more times just to see if it was my laughter that was provoking, and it was.

This dog cracks me up.

Erin & David

Comments

Popular Posts