Week 8: "Tally Leave it!"

This week saw at YET ANOTHER orchestra concert; with the exception being this was the Knoxville Youth Symphony Orchestra, and now the University of Tennessee Orchestra. Another change, was that this event was held at the much more crowded, and lacking in seating space, Tennessee Theatre. So Tally got to experience her first night in the city as well as her first crowd etc..

We'd spent most of our day at work, so I knew she'd be pretty hyped for the small part of the concert we'd make, and sure enough, she was. But we made it through at least two songs, before having to exit stage left.

This week I've made a concerted and focused effort to get our potty training under control, setting reminders on my phone, to make sure I took her outside while I was at work (even though she CAN hold it ) and when arriving home, sitting timers as soon as I walked in the door. It's worked, and we've only had one accident this week.

Our biggest struggle, has [still] been learning our new home behavior. I say new, as for the first month of living with me, Mulan was always there to keep the pup busy, and entertained. Now that she isn't, Tally still is raring to go .. but with no one but the cats to do anything with.

I kind of feel bad, but... not really.

It's not like I don't offer her a chance to play with other dogs at work. I can't help it that she's scared and wants to hide under chairs and tables! :)

Which reminds me, we've hit the fear stage pretty hard in the last couple of weeks. I laugh because she's picked the oddest things to be scared of. For instance, in the dog yard at my job, the leaves have been raked to the middle of the yard, into a pile. To myself, I thought.. What dog wouldn't want to play in a big pile of leaves, so I go over and start kicking the leaves around.

This startles Tally who, moves away from the mile, watching me warily.

So being the good puppy raiser I am, I grab a handful, and toss them in the air towards her.

She barked, growled and took off for the path back to the kennels. And REFUSED to come back down.

I was thoroughly amused.

Have no fear, she's long past it now, but it was quite a musing at the time.

Erin - The Puppyless Puppy Walker photo Erin-puppyless.png    aA~~~~

Comments

Popular Posts