Week 16

What is life like with a five-month-old, female, yellow lab?

Conversations: 

Me: Tally! Get off the couch!
Tally: OK! But why?
Me: Because I said so young lady!
*Two minutes later*
Tally: Can I get back on now?
Me: Nope! Off!
Tally: How about now?
Me: Nope! OFF!
Tally: ... whaaaat about now?
Me: Nope! O-F-F and STAY OFF.
Tally: ........... Mom?
Me: NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Tally: GEEZ lady. OK.
Tally: What about your bed?  ... OOO! CAT!
ME: TALLY LEAVE THE CATS ALONE!
Tally: OoooooK. But Why?

[End Scene]

Tally: MOM! We're Home! Why are we still sitting in the car?
Me: Because its 2 degrees outside, the car is warm and I don't want to get out right at this second.
Tally: BUT I'm HUUUNNNGRRRRRRRY.
Me: Deal.

[End Scene]
Me: Tally! You cannot eat that peice of blind
Tally: BUUUT WHYYYYEEE?
Me: Tally! You cannot eat that peice of glass!
Tally: BUUUT WHYYYYEEE?
Me: TALLY YOU CANNOT EAT THE CAT! 
Tally: BUUUT WHYYYYEEE? 

[End Scene]

Speaking of cats, Tally has also appointed herself Kitty Police. There is no speeding, climbing, jumping, or general fun when she's on watch. If she does catch them in violation of the Tally Law, she'll even transport to Jail if need be. Now technically she thinks she's playing with them, and I think they realize this, as they don't act afraid of her. That doesn't mean, however they are willing to hang around to see if she'll chase, pick them up, or just generally soak them with salivia. Ichabod [Black Kitty aka Calvin aka Batman]  tends to get up and out of Tally's way quickly, so Figaro [Fluffy Kitty aka Hobbes aka Robin]  ends up bearing the brunt of the abuse. Unfortunately both cats just "take it" instead of fighting back. So her "malice" continues.

Needless to say, Tally is nothing if not persistent. I get annoyed with this stage of life so much, because I feel so annoyed all the time. You don't want to put your dog on lock-down (aka attached to you or in a crate 24/7) But sometimes, its the only thing to keep the pup choosing the path of the good and upright.

She's always very quick to follow her commands, but just as quick to turn around and go right back to what she was doing; bless her stinking heart.

However, I can see Tally starting to settle down a [teensy, tinsy] bit more, and losing some of the crazy that comes with the teenage stage. Or maybe its because I've cut down her free space, with strategically placed baby-gates.

Naaaaah. 

We'll go with the maturing thing. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts