Time for Change

Hi Guys,

So I've been thinking.
Life is busy.
My life, maybe a little extra busy.
What with the dachshunds, Tally, the kittens and now a foster puppy...
Not to mention school.  At least not for three more months
And work (40 hours+)
Oh yes, and the guide dog puppy group I'm in charge of!  Not at the moment anyway!
And lets not forget my friends, family and church activities I'm involved with!

Just a *little* busy.
Maintaining three different blogs about my animals, has obviously not be successful, so I'm attempting to shrink that and combine everything into one lump sum.

For now I will leave my many other blogs (animal related anyway) up and running. But I think its time to combine everything, and everyone into one.

There are many days when I feel like I'm running a kennel facility from the living room of my home. To be honest, it's exhausting. I love my animals, but there are moments when I feel as if I've utterly lost my mind.

Between friends and my family's animals, it can get kind of crazy around here, so I try to limit the total dog count to no more than six at the same time. Even that number is really high, but it's manageable.

The Cast:

Bubbles 


15-year-old, Black and Tan, Standard Dachshund. As cranky as all get out, has hip dysplasia, a slipped disc, is partially deaf, has cataracts, and an enlarged liver...just to name a few things...Lives on Tramadol and Rimadyl. Can't stand the puppies.

Texas 

6-year-old, black and tan, miniature dachshund. Sports one eye and has huge scars down both sides of his body due to a traumatic bath incident that required extensive surgery. Otherwise protector of mom, loves a good soft pillow and is the fun police of the house. Recently injured his back and is on a host of meds. Fun times all around.

Ichabod 


8-month-old, male, black, domestic short haired cat. Energetic, full of life, loves to play outside and with the dachshunds Tails. Favorite activity is eating, and biting mom. Hobbies include climbing trees and subsequently not being able to get down.

Figaro 


7-month-old male grey & white domestic medium hair. Energetic, whiney and holds grudges easily. Finds the strangest places to sleep: top of washing machine, towel basket in bath tub, on top of the litter box (not the one they use the one holding fresh litter..) Likes to be all up in yo bidness.

Tally 


10-month old female yellow lab. IN TRAINING to be a guide dog for the blind. Energetic, Energized, Hyper. If only we could harness her energy into something useful. LIke I don't know a harness?

Paddington 


4-month-old Male Chow mix (we're guessing) Foster pup. Squishy, fluffy and has an attitude problem that we're looking to fix before he goes to his new home.

Frequent Visitors: aka these DO NOT live with me. 

Paris

1-year-old Female Yorkie. She's an A-Typical Yorkie and gives Tally a run for her money in regards to her hyperactivity.

Midnight 


6-year-old Female Black Lab, retired breeder from the Guide Dog Foundation, raised by me, adopted by my family and constant companion to my 12-year-old sister. My parents are probably hoping she doesn't follow in my animalist foot-steps. hehehe

Gibbs

6-year-old Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix, Skittish and a fear biter. But has decided as long as I give him a dog free zone, he's cool. I no longer have to keep him on a leash the entire time he's here, but can actually pick him up, walk him and all sorts of dog-like activities! ;-)

Gertie & Gunther

6-Year old German Shepherd and Husky Mix. Energetic loving guys who live with Gibbs as well. :) Mostly watch them at their home while their owner is out of town. :)

Delta 

2-year-old Pit mix. Sweetest dog ever! Very sensitive. David's girlfriend. We've only watched her once, but eagerly await that possibility again. :)


So that's us!
All six of us.
Of which I only own four.

Hope you'll stay around?

Comments

Popular Posts