4-H Teen Retreat
A gentle tap comes on my door, and followed by my mom's voice telling me it's time to get up. Soon following that comes Rei's high pitched bark letting me know that she too is up and ready to roll. 7:00AM , and yet it is still pitch black outside my window. My body is telling me that it is a Saturday and you really really need your sleep. My eyes are closing....and Rei is getting louder by the minute.
I force myself out of bed and into the bathroom where Rei's crate is located. After busying her, I considered laying back down for about 10 minutes but, realized it was useless.
I dressed and headed up stairs to feed the girls.
2 minutes later our ride pulled up, groaning I giv the dogs some water before rushing back down stairs, to busy them again, run a brush through my hair, and grab my bags.
I needn't have worried. My sister decided to take a shower before we left.
WHY she do that LAST NIGHT? I don't know. But approx. 30 minutes later we are on the road. Not neceserially toward Teen Retreat but on the road non the less.
Station Identification Break....You are listening to silence.
I force myself out of bed and into the bathroom where Rei's crate is located. After busying her, I considered laying back down for about 10 minutes but, realized it was useless.
I dressed and headed up stairs to feed the girls.
2 minutes later our ride pulled up, groaning I giv the dogs some water before rushing back down stairs, to busy them again, run a brush through my hair, and grab my bags.
I needn't have worried. My sister decided to take a shower before we left.
WHY she do that LAST NIGHT? I don't know. But approx. 30 minutes later we are on the road. Not neceserially toward Teen Retreat but on the road non the less.
Station Identification Break....You are listening to silence.
9:00AM-9:30 AM ~ Registration
We arrive in good time, and got registered...for what I don't know, even after attending Teen Retreat for the last 4 years!
9:30-12:30 ~ Those who were doing the High Ropes Course left for that, and the rest of us went up the hill for 3 hours of fun and games.
And to my surprise it was Fun! We played at least 6 games.
The first game was the ice breaker game (we love those games in 4-H) Each person had to tell one false thing about themselves and two true; and the rest of the group had to guess which one was false!
The next game was a little more lively,We had to cross a Hot Chocolate River, on Marshmallows (Carpet Squares) without falling of them.
I didn't hear the rest of the instructions because I wasn't paying attention.
Everyone scooted to the other side of the room no problem.
But THEN we had to get Back to the other side, and we COULDN'T"T scoot. That took some time.
We played some other games which I really don't feel like describing. Well OK one of the last games we played we had to line up by Birth Month and Birth Day without saying a word.
I was hilarious! People started writing on their hands and typing on their cell phones!
After we got through with the games we had a 30 minute break...in which we couldn't leave that building. So I took Rei's coat off and let people pet her. She LOVED that.

Then came Lunch, and then the Workshops Started.


Each instructor had to do a little commercial about their class, I deiced to follow the majority from my county and went to the Plants workshop.
It was interesting I guess..I was busy trying to get Rei to be still. THank GOD for the GL!!
Next Workshop we went to was the Science House.
and to blow a penny over a pencil.
and then the greatest trick of them all.....................LYING ON A BED OF NAILS!!!!
Next came a snack of Hershey's Chocolate Cookies and Propel Water.....UGH. But it was better than nothing, the cookies were pretty good actually.
For the last workshop of the day I decided to do All About Electricity or something like that....that class I wasn't in much as Rei was acting up, so we spent most of our time outside....and it didn't help that my head was aching by that time.
We had a 30 minute break before dinner, I spent all of that time practicing for the Talent Show.
After dinner we head up to the Perry Hall (where we played the games) for the Talent show and Campain Skits.
THere were three participates for the Talent Show this year.....One Girl sang, another Guy played the Guitar and I played the piano. America is Beautiful.
AFter that came the campian skits. Each Person who is running for Office....President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer and Reporter, has to have some kind of skit or speech! This year there was only one person running for each office....so I don't know why we had to vote.
But after those things were over we gathered up our things and left ....those that came from futher stay the night and have somethings to in the mornings...those of us who live an hour away...go HOME! WAHOOO!!
And that was the shortened version of our day! I hope you enjoyed the pictures because I know that's all you really paid attention to anyways!!









Comments
Sarah and the I's
Did she get a new jacket? (the last photo)
And I want to be in 4H! I love those games. I was a program person at a camp a few years ago, and co-op games were always my favourite to run. We did the exact same ones. :)
Sam, Patience, and Juneau
Did she get a new jacket? (the last photo)
And I want to be in 4H! I love those games. I was a program person at a camp a few years ago, and co-op games were always my favourite to run. We did the exact same ones. :)
Sam, Patience, and Juneau
Sounds like you had fun at the retreat! It's so cool you got to bring Rei too. I went on one like that once in HS... but I don't think I had as much fun as you did. Glad to know that not all of them are as boring as the one I went to. Haha.
Give Miss Rei a pet from me? :-)
-MK & Edgar
Did she get a new jacket? (the last photo)
And I want to be in 4H! I love those games. I was a program person at a camp a few years ago, and co-op games were always my favourite to run. We did the exact same ones. :)
Sam, Patience, and Juneau