Weekend Recap

Saturday: On the weekends I’m normally not allowed to bring my dogs to work with me, due to a smaller staff size; but this weekend was slow, and because they knew Midnight was leaving, she was allowed to come with me so we could have a little more time together. (Which was AWESOME.)
Over the past seven weeks, we have had obedience class from 9:30 - 10: 30, and its my job to either move the boarding dogs to another building, or keep them quiet outside while class is going on. This week, we only had three dogs spending the weekend with us, so **** allowed me to put them in the small dog yard, and watch the class! This week was the classes “graduation”, so they mostly played obedience games with the dogs; but we were able to participate as well.

Midnight and I walked around (her on leash) as a distraction to the other dogs; I didn’t put her in coat right away because I was pretty confidant in her. Unfortunately she proved me wrong. After we got finished with that exercise, I went ahead and put the coat on her, and took some pictures of her, in the office.
A few minutes later **** asked if I wanted to play another game with them...as they needed another person to balance out the team.
Surre, why not? This time we were playing a relay, where we had to balance a biscuit on a spoon and walk around dogs in a circle around obstacles, WITHOUT dropping the biscuit. I kept Midnights puppy coat on this time, and she was perfect, our team won the first round!! ☺
After class was over, one of the other trainers with ABC (Animal Behavior College), came up to me, and asked was I a trainer; when I told her “No technically I’m not”; she said that she was impressed with how I handled Midnight! So YaY for us! ☺ ☺
Our Kong Wubbas came in as well (YaY huh Cody?), and Midnight and attacked them with gusto!
Midnight and Kong Wubba
Sunday: We went and visited our favorite neighbor so she could say good-bye, Midnight was pretty crazy, as my neighbor is a great source of excited energy, so she was Miss Spazzo tearing around all over the yard, jumping in and out of the kiddie pool full of dirty water; digging in the soft dirt. So basically she was a mess, when we got home. Bath TIME!!!
I spent a lot of time cuddling her; and trying to memorize what she looked like...sappy i know.
*deep breath...Monday is going to be a loong day*

Comments

Popular Posts