Mensa!
This weekend was really active for our puppies...pretty much everyone went out with a volunteer, except for 2; even Gideon and Vikki!!!
Not fast enough as my boss arrived soon after to pick up Gideon, since the yard was muddy I had to drop everything clean em' off, and dress him and send him off....few minutes later two more people, two more muddy puppies..
Victoria went with another new family, who took her to Petco and the Park, she of course was an angel :))
Once everyone was back and accounted for, Texas, Gideon,Victoria and I headed home, where I dropped them off and gave them some food.
I then headed to Newport TN to pick up Miss Mensa, GDF pup that I'll be babysitting this week....cause I REALLY don't have ENOUGH to do already!!!
Haha though once you have four one more really doesn't make all that much difference....well except at 7:30AM when you are trying to get them to potty OUTSIDE. Man that's not going to be fun......
Ok so it was dark by the time Mensa and I arrived home, so I did my usual thing and hooked her up to the long line in my yard, and went and got the dogs one at a time. Bubbles didn't see her at first but smelled her, and was barking up a storm, which made Mensa very nervous. Bubbles moved on once she'd realize it was ANOTHER puppy. Than I brought out Vikki...WOW did Minne freak her out, there was something out there she couldn't see, but she could hear, and it was coming TOWARDS HER!! She hightailed it back to the porch pronto, where she sat barking, hackles raised.
Once I coaxed her off the porch they greeted each other cautiously before moving on.
Gideon....he's a nut job. Loves Dogs. So Bounced out, Bounced around and I bounced him back inside.
Texas's Turn....hehe, bark, growl, snap. The end. Alls good now!
We eventually made it in the house, where i crate her and gave her some herbal stress relief something or another. Once she settled down, she came out and hid under my desk until bed time.
Reminds me of Eden....who went back to his foster family as a pet last week. Just could never get past those fears. Which I didn't expect him too, but am SO glad to know that he gets to be happy hanging out at home with his fam.
Kennel WorkI arrived at 9AM sharp, and ran in to get the pups fed before volunteers started arriving. That done I put everyone in the yard, while I attacked the kennels. Thankfully my co-workers dad had come and fed the SAR dogs, which gave me a little more time to work the kennels over.
Not fast enough as my boss arrived soon after to pick up Gideon, since the yard was muddy I had to drop everything clean em' off, and dress him and send him off....few minutes later two more people, two more muddy puppies..
{Victoria warming up in the office}
Finally finished cleaning up, and decided to bring the remaining pups in and cleaned them before their volunteers showed up. Can't have muddy puppies in public! :-){Ready to go to work!}
Puppies came, and puppies left. Defiantly kept me busy!! One of my co-workers at UT came out and took my pup Titus out for exposure, said he did great....except for peeing in the doorway of Wal-Mart. (WHAT IS IT ABOUT THAT PLACE!??!?)Victoria went with another new family, who took her to Petco and the Park, she of course was an angel :))
Once everyone was back and accounted for, Texas, Gideon,Victoria and I headed home, where I dropped them off and gave them some food.
I then headed to Newport TN to pick up Miss Mensa, GDF pup that I'll be babysitting this week....cause I REALLY don't have ENOUGH to do already!!!
Haha though once you have four one more really doesn't make all that much difference....well except at 7:30AM when you are trying to get them to potty OUTSIDE. Man that's not going to be fun......
Tip From Erin: DO NOT DO DOG TO DOG INTRODUCTION IN THE DARK.
Ok so it was dark by the time Mensa and I arrived home, so I did my usual thing and hooked her up to the long line in my yard, and went and got the dogs one at a time. Bubbles didn't see her at first but smelled her, and was barking up a storm, which made Mensa very nervous. Bubbles moved on once she'd realize it was ANOTHER puppy. Than I brought out Vikki...WOW did Minne freak her out, there was something out there she couldn't see, but she could hear, and it was coming TOWARDS HER!! She hightailed it back to the porch pronto, where she sat barking, hackles raised.
Once I coaxed her off the porch they greeted each other cautiously before moving on.
Gideon....he's a nut job. Loves Dogs. So Bounced out, Bounced around and I bounced him back inside.
Texas's Turn....hehe, bark, growl, snap. The end. Alls good now!
We eventually made it in the house, where i crate her and gave her some herbal stress relief something or another. Once she settled down, she came out and hid under my desk until bed time.
{Better PHotos TOmorrow :)}
She is definantly a poodle!!! Loves to bounce, she's a very nervous/un-sound pup, so we're going to go really slow with her. This being her first time with another raiser/....yeah.Reminds me of Eden....who went back to his foster family as a pet last week. Just could never get past those fears. Which I didn't expect him too, but am SO glad to know that he gets to be happy hanging out at home with his fam.

Comments