5mo+
I have a good excuse for missing Pomps 5month mark.
Its called two exams.
Yesterday my baby reached another milestone in his young life; I love seeing how his personality is developing, and I am also loving how easy he's been! I do have some concerns with little things but I don't think they will prevent him from being a guide, which yes I fully expect him to go through and be.
He's extremely confident, and is fazed by NOTHING.
I have cut down on him being petted in public, as he's starting to go up too people for petting. A Big "no-NO". Its tough for his sensitive self especially in my writing class, since everyone absolutely adores him there. He's tried to sneak away a couple of times for petting and will whine about having to stay still but we'll get there.Thankfully this teacher understands and is not discrated by the occassional whine or bark from the attention-starved puppy. I too have forced myself not too pet him while in this class as well, as it just feeds this behavior.
Today we were doing laps around the track, since that's what helps him be "more calm" during class times, and I decided to close my eyes as we were walking. I knew the track, there no people, and I also knew there weren't any obstacles.
I also knew Pompei wouldn't run himself into anything and we'd have to walk in the grass in order too hit something so I figured I was pretty safe.
It was a weirdly exhilarating experiment, and now I'm dying to be able to teach the dogs MORE. I think I walked at least halfway around the track before opening my eyes slight and realizing we'd just passed another person...Then I was a little embarrassed.
Maybe I'm just reading way too much into, but it did seem as if his demeanor changed slightly once I let him lead. I can't wait to see what he'll do in harness!
I also hate how limited I am, but COMPLETELY understand the whys and why nots.
Now if I could only get him to stop adjatating the ducks hidden in bushes around campus. Do you know how freak it is have a duck to suddenly fly out at you???
Photo Post Coming Soon!
Its called two exams.
Yesterday my baby reached another milestone in his young life; I love seeing how his personality is developing, and I am also loving how easy he's been! I do have some concerns with little things but I don't think they will prevent him from being a guide, which yes I fully expect him to go through and be.
He's extremely confident, and is fazed by NOTHING.
I have cut down on him being petted in public, as he's starting to go up too people for petting. A Big "no-NO". Its tough for his sensitive self especially in my writing class, since everyone absolutely adores him there. He's tried to sneak away a couple of times for petting and will whine about having to stay still but we'll get there.Thankfully this teacher understands and is not discrated by the occassional whine or bark from the attention-starved puppy. I too have forced myself not too pet him while in this class as well, as it just feeds this behavior.
Today we were doing laps around the track, since that's what helps him be "more calm" during class times, and I decided to close my eyes as we were walking. I knew the track, there no people, and I also knew there weren't any obstacles.
I also knew Pompei wouldn't run himself into anything and we'd have to walk in the grass in order too hit something so I figured I was pretty safe.
It was a weirdly exhilarating experiment, and now I'm dying to be able to teach the dogs MORE. I think I walked at least halfway around the track before opening my eyes slight and realizing we'd just passed another person...Then I was a little embarrassed.
Maybe I'm just reading way too much into, but it did seem as if his demeanor changed slightly once I let him lead. I can't wait to see what he'll do in harness!
I also hate how limited I am, but COMPLETELY understand the whys and why nots.
Now if I could only get him to stop adjatating the ducks hidden in bushes around campus. Do you know how freak it is have a duck to suddenly fly out at you???
Photo Post Coming Soon!

Comments