Ok Repeat after mee.....
"A TIRED PUPPY IS A GOOD PUPPY."
Very good class! (I miss teaching puppy classes :( )
And with my homework load today, I knew we had to get some serious exercise. After class I took, Pompei and Texas to the park we found last week, and this time I brought plenty of towels for our trip home as I knew Texas would love the water as well. I was glad too see that there were only two other dogs, in the park when we arrived since I knew I would be doing some serious management with me Texas's reactivity towards other dogs.
As usual, they spent the the first little bit scouting the place out, (with Texas this means pee on everything haha) and then they saw the water.
And Pompei dashes straight for it barely stopping short of the water. You could see his little brain trying to figure out how deep the water was, and if he could stand in it. After deciding he couldn't get in that..he mopved on too the waterfall..type...rocky area, and splashed happily in there.
All of the sudden he realized that there were other dogs there, and MAN was one of the BIG! Whoa he scrambled to find a pair of human legs, to stand between. As we spent more time there he'd gradually join in on games of chase, venturing out further in the water, and gathering as much lover the humans as possible.
As of yet, I don't think he really knows how too play with big dogs, but he had a blast with the Parson Russel Terrier and the French Bull Dog that were there.. *sigh* oh well, its not important.
The important thing was he ran, and ran, and ran, and ran...(and Texas didn't bite anyone) and got all muddy and dirty and had a blast. :-)
After about an hour and a half, I hosed him off, and took em' home.
And yes they've barely stirred since. :-)
Oh and just so you don't think our lives are all play and no work..Pompei did so well in class, it took a moment recall if I'd actually taken him too class today!? I didn't have to correct or reposition him once!!
Wooow.
Very good class! (I miss teaching puppy classes :( )
And with my homework load today, I knew we had to get some serious exercise. After class I took, Pompei and Texas to the park we found last week, and this time I brought plenty of towels for our trip home as I knew Texas would love the water as well. I was glad too see that there were only two other dogs, in the park when we arrived since I knew I would be doing some serious management with me Texas's reactivity towards other dogs.
As usual, they spent the the first little bit scouting the place out, (with Texas this means pee on everything haha) and then they saw the water.
And Pompei dashes straight for it barely stopping short of the water. You could see his little brain trying to figure out how deep the water was, and if he could stand in it. After deciding he couldn't get in that..he mopved on too the waterfall..type...rocky area, and splashed happily in there.
All of the sudden he realized that there were other dogs there, and MAN was one of the BIG! Whoa he scrambled to find a pair of human legs, to stand between. As we spent more time there he'd gradually join in on games of chase, venturing out further in the water, and gathering as much lover the humans as possible.
As of yet, I don't think he really knows how too play with big dogs, but he had a blast with the Parson Russel Terrier and the French Bull Dog that were there.. *sigh* oh well, its not important.
The important thing was he ran, and ran, and ran, and ran...(and Texas didn't bite anyone) and got all muddy and dirty and had a blast. :-)
After about an hour and a half, I hosed him off, and took em' home.
And yes they've barely stirred since. :-)
Oh and just so you don't think our lives are all play and no work..Pompei did so well in class, it took a moment recall if I'd actually taken him too class today!? I didn't have to correct or reposition him once!!
Wooow.
