Emotions...

Its funny the times it hits you.
One moment you're playing with your puppy, trying to keep your balance as he shoves his body between your legs; and the next sitting on the floor sobbing.
Ok sobbing would be an exaggeration, but its defiantly what I feel like doing at the moment.
And technically I was looking at a few of the shots I took of him, and was stabbed in the heart when I realized how big he's getting.
I have to sit and wonder why in the world I do this too myself, its going to hurt so badly to let him go. I really can't put into words what it is I'm feeling right now, but you puppy raisers know.
It just hurts.
I'm probably weird, but I really only feel "extreme" emotions about the pups turn in during our year together, but once the day actually arrives..
I'm ready to let them go on to their new lives.
And since I've never been puppy less for long, I don't really have time to pine for the past puppy. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have another puppy to care for, or take up my time...

Guess I'll find out soon enough...
The plan..after Pompei.. is to raise one of Midnight puppies (whenever she is bred again) and take a break from all things SD/GD for at least six months.
If this actually happens...I will be just as surprised as you.
The thought of quitting sends a knife through my heart as well. 
Grrrrrr I'm going to miss this face.

Comments

Sam said…
Wow, he really is getting big! I'm feeling that way with Beauty lately. She turned 10 months old yesterday (the age that Friday was recalled) but I'm nowhere near ready to give her back yet.
Cassie and Dagan said…
Yes - we do understand! For me, my emotions don't hit until after turn in. Once they are in training and far enough along that I am starting to dream about graduation, I start with the teary eyes (even just typing that gets me!) Thinking of what I may want to say at graduation (which happens frequently in the shower for some reason) and thinking what kind of person I imagine them with (old, young, male, female, etc) just gets me. Especially with the pups that I have been a second home for. My last girl came so far! You would never know her history if you met her now. To know that she could have gone so so wrong and now have hope of her being a guide just about rips my chest open with the pride I have in her.

So, no matter where we are in the process, we can all be a little weepy together :)
Lisa & Hosta said…
WOW - I've been thinking the EXACT same thing with Hos recently.

He is getting big and oh so handsome!
Farley's Mom said…
My heart breaks for you :( You are so awesome to do what you are doing, to make a difference for someone else.
Oonafey said…
I think what you do is wonderful, however I could never do it... We have only had Dozer for about 8 months now, but I am so attached to him. I can't imagine living without either of our dogs.
Erin said…
I think what you do is wonderful, however I could never do it... We have only had Dozer for about 8 months now, but I am so attached to him. I can't imagine living without either of our dogs.
Erin said…
WOW - I've been thinking the EXACT same thing with Hos recently.

He is getting big and oh so handsome!

Popular Posts