Six Months Old {Private Blog}
Happy Six Months Day my Teenager!
I love this dog is so so much its not even funny, even though we're testing our relationship right now. :) Its hard to believe I've only had him for four months. I'm supposed to give him up?
--I know there was some concerns expressed about some behaviors Pompei was displayed my last post, please let me clarify a few things.
First this blog is real, I'm not sugar coating anything, but that also doesn't mean that I"m not taking action to correct any questionable behaviors. I was afraid of this being an issues, which is why this blog was private for a while and may go back that way.
I don't want what I say, be taken as the standard for all GDF puppy raiser and actually I hope it raises the standard.Everything I say may not be GDF approved as well on this blog. BUT that is also why I have the blog: Pompei's Progress, which is more a "fluffy" Oh he's so good at EVERYTHING type blog.*eye roll* I can only do that so much before I just wind up venting.
That being said, Pompei is still only six months old. And a new teenager, so hes trying all sorts of things.He's got to do these behaviors before he learns not too. I'm not concerned about them and I don't wish you too be either. Chewing? Yes that happens, Accidents part of the growing process. Its my job of course to teach what's right. So if I don't state that I'm correcting the behavior or lack thereof, its OK to assume that I am. ::grins::
Believe me after....3 GDF +8 Wilderwood + Countless Puppy Sitting + Two doggie daycare jobs = I do kinda know what I'm doing...just a little bit...and if I don't well I know the people who do!
The dog I will send back to GDF next January will be a calm, obedient, socialized, confident dog. What happens after that point will be out of my hands.
I'm not mad or anything, but just wanted to make sure the purpose of this blog is clear.
Just the behind the scenes look at being a PR.
I love this dog is so so much its not even funny, even though we're testing our relationship right now. :) Its hard to believe I've only had him for four months. I'm supposed to give him up?
Six Things I'll Miss About Pompei
- His confidence - After my stint with Wilderwood, it has been so much fun to have a dog that LOVES to go out and about, the LOVES riding in the car.
- His LOVE of people - He makes people smile everywhere he goes, not that my other dogs didn't but Pompei's special
- How eager he is to please
- I will not miss his love of dead animals. Who knew how many dead things die in my yard!
- His lack of enthusiasm for deep water. He is such pansy about these types of things, it makes me laugh!
- His quiet energy. He's not really too boisterous about the amount of energy he has.But with my life I need a dog that can go go go and he can do that!
First this blog is real, I'm not sugar coating anything, but that also doesn't mean that I"m not taking action to correct any questionable behaviors. I was afraid of this being an issues, which is why this blog was private for a while and may go back that way.
I don't want what I say, be taken as the standard for all GDF puppy raiser and actually I hope it raises the standard.Everything I say may not be GDF approved as well on this blog. BUT that is also why I have the blog: Pompei's Progress, which is more a "fluffy" Oh he's so good at EVERYTHING type blog.*eye roll* I can only do that so much before I just wind up venting.
That being said, Pompei is still only six months old. And a new teenager, so hes trying all sorts of things.He's got to do these behaviors before he learns not too. I'm not concerned about them and I don't wish you too be either. Chewing? Yes that happens, Accidents part of the growing process. Its my job of course to teach what's right. So if I don't state that I'm correcting the behavior or lack thereof, its OK to assume that I am. ::grins::
Believe me after....3 GDF +8 Wilderwood + Countless Puppy Sitting + Two doggie daycare jobs = I do kinda know what I'm doing...just a little bit...and if I don't well I know the people who do!
The dog I will send back to GDF next January will be a calm, obedient, socialized, confident dog. What happens after that point will be out of my hands.
I'm not mad or anything, but just wanted to make sure the purpose of this blog is clear.
Just the behind the scenes look at being a PR.

Comments
xxx
xxx