Weekend Recap
I was feeling slightly guilty about the slump in our outings during the last couple of weeks, but I needn't have worried after this weekend I suppose. I didn't start of to be anything big, but sure ended up this way! Poor Pompei is so tired he couldn't even muster enough energy for his "I'm Home" romp with Bubbles & Texas.
Now that, my friends, is a tired puppy.
Friday
A fun day for me, as Pomps got to come to "work" with me. My job hosts a Golf Tournament to raise money for a scholarship fund and since we weren't going to be in the building Pompei was welcomed to this event. He behaved soo well, though I think the heat had more to do with that than anything. :)
After that my co-workers bailed and I let Pompei sit on the seat beside me, and we "putted" around the other side of the course. We came across two families of <-excuse the grammar) geese and their ducklings but we're far enough away that he didn't notice them. After that we hung out under the gazebo until it was time for us to leave.
He only woke up when some people came and sat in front of us and started petting him, I decided too ignore that as he was laying down, and he didn't seek it out. Granted I was a little annoyed when further on during the ceremony she reached back again to pet him some more..!
After it was all said and done, we stood at the top of the stairs waiting for my friend and her family to come up. The teachers came out first and those who remembered me ...excuse me... those who remembered my DOG/Me having a dog in their class, came by to say hello and commend me for continuing raising. :)
I guarantee you they have no clue what my name is. Its ok. I realize my dog(s) is more popular than I am...*sniff. My favorite teacher wasn't their which made me sad, but oh well.
We finally found our friends and chatted for a while, before dashing through the ran back to our vehicle.
Saturday
One of the families at our church has a child with Cystic Fibrosis and they were participating in a walk-a-thon for a cure, so once I pried myself out of bed, I loaded all the puppers up and headed to the park. But lazy me was LATE so I took the dogs to the dog park instead.
BOY.WAS I. WRONG!
Then came the thunder, huge rolling claps, and lighting bolts that split the sky. And repeat.
For about 30 minutes.
People huddled on the stage area hopping the glass dome would keep them dry, then came the rain. And it didn't just fall straight from the sky. Nooo. The wind had to blow it under our shelter and onto the 50-60 people+dogs. Causing everyone to unconscionably scoot closer together. Dogs started becoming obnoxious as they realized how close they were too each other, owners busy chatting away didn't pay much attention. Other people wondered how long it would be before a scuffle broke out.
Not too long but it was nothing serious.
The Rain finally let up enough that people felt safe enough to venture out into the rain and once it turned into a light drizzle the "party planners" soon had people gathered around to start the Contests, which consisted of "Miss Bark in the Park Pagent" a "Mr.Bark in the Park Paeagent" a Costume Parade, and other events.
They were able to squeeze the first three in before the lighting made another appearance and sent people scrambling for shelter. At this point I decide Pompei and I had had enough excitement for the day and we made our way back home.
*wwwheww!
Now that, my friends, is a tired puppy.
Friday
A fun day for me, as Pomps got to come to "work" with me. My job hosts a Golf Tournament to raise money for a scholarship fund and since we weren't going to be in the building Pompei was welcomed to this event. He behaved soo well, though I think the heat had more to do with that than anything. :)
{Pomps guarding the booth}
After the game started, those of us maning the registration desk, grabbed some golf carts and "took off" around the field. Pompei sort of sit/standing in the middle. It was awkward so he did ok and only attempted to hop out of the cart once.....After that my co-workers bailed and I let Pompei sit on the seat beside me, and we "putted" around the other side of the course. We came across two families of <-excuse the grammar) geese and their ducklings but we're far enough away that he didn't notice them. After that we hung out under the gazebo until it was time for us to leave.
{Pomps and I in the golf cart}
We raced home, changed clothes, let the other dogs out, fed all of them before reloading and heading across the mountain for my friends graduation. Pompei handled the crowds superbly. Once he got comfortable and was through checking things out, he curled up and went to sleep. Not fazed at all by the pounding rain above our heads. I literally was afraid that it might cause the roof too cave in, it was soo loud.He only woke up when some people came and sat in front of us and started petting him, I decided too ignore that as he was laying down, and he didn't seek it out. Granted I was a little annoyed when further on during the ceremony she reached back again to pet him some more..!
After it was all said and done, we stood at the top of the stairs waiting for my friend and her family to come up. The teachers came out first and those who remembered me ...excuse me... those who remembered my DOG/Me having a dog in their class, came by to say hello and commend me for continuing raising. :)
I guarantee you they have no clue what my name is. Its ok. I realize my dog(s) is more popular than I am...*sniff. My favorite teacher wasn't their which made me sad, but oh well.
We finally found our friends and chatted for a while, before dashing through the ran back to our vehicle.
Saturday
One of the families at our church has a child with Cystic Fibrosis and they were participating in a walk-a-thon for a cure, so once I pried myself out of bed, I loaded all the puppers up and headed to the park. But lazy me was LATE so I took the dogs to the dog park instead.
{Pomps still unsure of dogs larger than he is, prefers to hang out under the bench in the cool dirt}
At the last minute I decided to check out our local Bark in the Park after Dark. <- Cute name huh? This one was held in downtown k.ville at place we call Market Square. After our disappointing visit to the NC version of this event and with the imminent threat of rain, I wasn't sure their was going to be a big turn out. BOY.WAS I. WRONG!
{Peeps enjoying Bark in the Park}
There were people and dogs all over the square, large dogs, small dogs, pure breds, and mutts. Pompei thought he died and went to doggie heaven and was trying to be everywhere at once.Now Pompei never pulls, in a way that is tearing your arm out of your socket. That is one thing I am proud of. That I did right I mean. But I was not at all surprised at him wanting to be at the end of his leash visiting. I'm so used to just going and doing I didn't think overly much about bringing treats to help his focus,Then came the thunder, huge rolling claps, and lighting bolts that split the sky. And repeat.
For about 30 minutes.
People huddled on the stage area hopping the glass dome would keep them dry, then came the rain. And it didn't just fall straight from the sky. Nooo. The wind had to blow it under our shelter and onto the 50-60 people+dogs. Causing everyone to unconscionably scoot closer together. Dogs started becoming obnoxious as they realized how close they were too each other, owners busy chatting away didn't pay much attention. Other people wondered how long it would be before a scuffle broke out.
Not too long but it was nothing serious.
The Rain finally let up enough that people felt safe enough to venture out into the rain and once it turned into a light drizzle the "party planners" soon had people gathered around to start the Contests, which consisted of "Miss Bark in the Park Pagent" a "Mr.Bark in the Park Paeagent" a Costume Parade, and other events.
They were able to squeeze the first three in before the lighting made another appearance and sent people scrambling for shelter. At this point I decide Pompei and I had had enough excitement for the day and we made our way back home.
*wwwheww!

Comments