Weekly Recap

Let's talk about our week. This was the week where I think I started to understand Rob just a little bit more and just how much mom and litter mates effect the pups growth and development. We focused on potential problem areas a little more intensely this week and our efforts were well rewarded. On both ends. :)

Our outings this week consisted of my church choir practice, where we practiced just some relaxation exercises, just teaching Rob to wait in whatever position I put him him. When he'd sit up, I say "Uh-oh" and he's shift positions until he was back into the "down".

I find it interesting how he picked up "uh-oh" as something wasn't right, as its not something I've ever said or used with him before...but whatever. I suppose I should change it "no" to keep everything in line with what he'll learn later in life. But that's a idea for another time.

Tuesday evening, was our three-hour class. We got to campus early and walked around a little bit, we encountered our first duck, and met a couple of people. Have I mentioned that baby puppies seem to = you can pet me, you don't have to ask. *rolls eyes* We continued with what we started on Monday evening and had even better results. He was calm and quiet for the 30 minutes he was awake, and then slept until I woke him up at 9:20pm. THis is with a class of 11 students + teacher using strobes, setting up and taking down equipment, dropping things on the floor, sitting things down by him and the like.
Rob chills on his carpet square in a "safe" area of the photo studio
He was out like a light.

I will say that, this week it started to hit me just how difficult it is to be in college and have a young puppy. Typically at this point my puppies are older, more along the lines of potty trained, and I don't have to  keep an eagle eye on them at ALL times. However today in particular, all I wanted to do was study for a math test. That's all. But I couldn't, as without fail my cell phone's timer would go off every 25-30 minutes and we'd be heading out side. Granted its MUUUCH better than the 15-minutes we were doing during his first few weeks at home, but man its still wearing on a bodies (already limited) concentration!

While this week was quite busy on the Rob front, we also found out about two more of my grand-babies, not to mention a wealth of photos of Pompei! One of the afore mentioned grand-puppies is coming to our group! So I'm trying to decide if I can secure a vehicle to get my to AVL on Saturday for our puppy meeting.
Trump
We got some more photos of Pompei!!! I was NOT expecting that as I know GDF has limited volunteers up there, so I don't complain about not seeing photos of him. His body language is interesting in this pictures, however I am happy to see him; and want to say a big THANK YOU! To the volunteers at GDF for doing this for us!!!

Pompei prances beside his trainer, tail wagging

Look at the LLW! What a good boy! 
Hi Baby!! 




Hold up...one of these is NOT Pompei....oops!?

Rob's signature

Comments

Erin said…
I give you a ton of credit for training such a young pup on your own while in school! Good for you! And a great example for the rest of your classmates. Rob's getting big!
Erin said…
Aw, Pompei is looking so handsome and grown up! And it sounds like Rob is doing really well for such a young pup. :)
Erin said…
Yes he is! I often forget just how Young Rob is due to his size and how fast he's progressing! :)
Erin said…
Thank you for raising Rob. The namesake was my brother.
Erin said…
I am honored to do it. Smile.

Popular Posts