I thought you were taking a break?

I think I've heard that question about twenty times over the weekend. 
And the truth is, I don't know that I'm not! 

So here's the low down.


Right now I have Trump, whom you all know is Rob's brother... he too is being transferred to another home, for various reasons. I got the call Friday morning, hours before I was scheduled to move Rob to my Area Coordinator, who would be flying him back to New York. (Where he is now!) 


Trump raisers  wanted him moved to another home ASAP. Will you take him?


Take him ? As in like raise him? Permanently? Today?


Yes.


I will admit, I felt a mild sense of panic at the thought of bringing another dog in the house. Right Away. What about my break? I was seriously looking forward to having some "just dachshund time". 


However, it was necessary to find him a place at least temporarily, so I was able to talk them into a "trial" period, where I agreed to house Trump and see if he could potentially fit into my house for the next five months or so. 


*deeeeeeeeeeeeep breaths* 


From previous correspondence with his raisers, I knew that he was a pretty laid back dog..  SURELY he can't be  more work than the Robsters.


So Friday evening we toured the NC State Fair (no pics SORRY!) and traded dogs. 


Trump is the polar opposite of Rob. 


Rob was a GO GO GO! Dog. 


If there wasn't action he created some. Definitely the life of the party. 


Trump, on the other hand is the dog in the corner with a book. Happy to entertain himself until its time to go.


The last couple of days we've spent acclimating Trump to our house, our rules, and reworking his commands. He was ecstatic to learn that there were other dogs who lived in the house with us and has been following them around like...well.. a puppy dog.  


(They do NOT share his enthusiasm) 


And as much as I hate to admit this.....


He's kind of growing on me.
As in, am I really going to give him up too? Sort of growing on me. 


This was NOT supposed to happen.

Sigh.


At this point the plan is to keep him for a month...(as I won't be able to travel out of state for at least that long) and then decide from there. 


SO. That's what's going on in my house. 


Until I write again, 


<rock>Erin <hard place> 


P.S. (My area Coordinator said Rob did GREAT over the weekend and on the plane to New York, however she has three big dogs for him to be play with so I knew he'd be happy. I miss him though) 
Rob's signature

Comments

Erin said…
What a difference a day  dog makes!
Erin said…
Trump sounds great. Dublin is ready for turn in at the end of October.  I'm going to take a break.  Of course the school has already asked if I'm ready for another puppy.
Erin said…
Wow, you definitely know how to keep things interesting don't you? :)
Erin said…
Oh boy!  That's a tough one.

You do have a month to decide though, as you said. And if you do end up keeping him for the full five month stint...well..that's all right then, isn't it? It's funny, the different personalities dogs have, even when they're that closely related.

And, y'know, if you don't keep him, then it's dachshund time!  
Erin said…
They grow on you eh? :) Raising puppies is like eating chips... "you can't have/raise just one"!

Popular Posts