The Right Thing.

Rob Stands on the porch and looks out

Is not always the easiest thing to do. 
A fact I've been even more aware of over the last week or so.  I have decided to move Rob to another family for the remainder of his puppy training/raising experience.


Not an easy decision, but one I had to make for Rob's sake and am praying that is indeed the "right" thing to do. Rob will be leaving me this weekend, to stay with my Area Coordinator for a while..until they have located a home for him at least. While he's with her I'll have her GSD Freya for a while. 


I won't be getting another puppy right away, and will be taking a break. For real. 
QUIT LAUGHING!!
In all seriousness,  due to "quitting" in the middle, its hard for me to fathom having another puppy at the moment. It's been five years since I've had less than three dogs in my house, and to be honest I'm tired. 


So very tired.
I love what I do, but its not easy, and can be down right exhausting!


Not to mention, I need to let my heart heal from his unexpected ache. Know what I mean? As with all puppies I have, hold and than give away, at this point I don't know how I could open my heart to another furry bundle. 


I can. There's no question about that! 

I'm hoping that by the time Christmas break rolls around there will be puppies ready to come and entertain me for the two weeks I'm with out work/school. :) 


Hopefully I'll hear about Rob's progress, I won't be allowed to contact his new family.. (another crack to my already fragile hope).. if I can I'll keep you guys updated. 


Thanks for joining us on our journey! 


Stay Tuned! 


Rob's signature

Comments

Erin said…
Always a hard decision. I can completely simpathize though. It is an exhausting job and in the end we always have to think about what is best for our puppies. I haven't had a foster puppy for just over a month and it kills me. However, once I re-examine things I always realize it's the right choice for the time being. I'll be sure to check in again once the time is right to add another pup to the mix!
Erin said…
Aw, I'm so sorry.
Erin said…
That's a hard decision, but hopefully the right one for you and for Rob. At least you'll sort of have a "loaner" for a little while?  Freya won't be the same, obviously, but will still fill that doggie hole.  

Don't worry, I didn't laugh. I would fail so hard at things like fostering and puppy raising. I admire people who do it, and who are able to give the dogs up to homes! 
Erin said…
Oh Erin, I'm sorry, that really sucks (to put it mildly). Knowing how stellar of a raiser you are though, I have no doubt you put a lot of thought and prayer into this, and that you made the right decision. Having you as a starter raiser made Rob into the great PIT he is today, and although you may not be able to be in his life anymore, you can always be proud of the way you trained and loved him :) Big hugs to both you and Rob, we wish Rob the best of luck with the rest of his training.
Erin said…
It takes courage to do the right thing. 
Erin said…
Because you've given Rob such a good start, I know he'll make a fast adjustment to his new home and move on quickly with his training. I'm sorry you had to make this decision and I know you'll miss him.

Take advantage of the extra time in your life and get some rest.
Erin said…
Tell me about it. :)
Erin said…
Aww Thank you! :) 
Erin said…
Exactly! Thank you!

Popular Posts