June 18, 2014

Living with Tally ... Again ... 


Tomorrow will make a week since Tally  has returned to our lives. It's funny how quickly we forget things. Regardless of the time, I'd forgotten quite a bit of what living with Tally was like. Not in a bad way mind you, her behavior has improved dramatically and she's been really good... But she's still a lab.

Despite her petite size, the dog is clumsy, and it makes her presence with "the little's" seem all that more obvious. We are constantly being run into or over by Miss Tally Cat and just the other day instead of looking for the opening between the door and the frame, she ran smack into the door as I'm opening it.

Needless to say we're working harder on our "sit/wait" at doors simply for her own well being.

And then there is her hair. It is obnoxious people. Absolutely obnoxious. The water bowl never stays full anymore, and walking barefoot through the kitchen will send you into a mild panic.

Was that water or pee?

Oh its water.

Right?

Yes.

My life y'all.

Oh, I must explain the photo on the right. Tally and Figaro have had a hate-hate relationship from day one. For the first six months Tally loved to carry Figaro around. Figaro did not like being carried, so he mostly spent his time above and way from Tally if possible. So for Figaro to allow Tally to sniff him is huge. And for Tally to just SNIFF him is also huge.

I'm super proud of these kids.

Why do we always have to loose them right as the stars are aligning? It isn't fair I tell ya!

Comments

Popular Posts