Adventures with the GPS
Black Friday can be a great day for some and a horrid day for others. I'll have to see that I for one don't think the deals are great enough to get up at 4AM to go for. But this year my mom and sisters thought it was...And as it turns out it was!!! We we're able to get several digital cameras, printers and.......a Global Position Tracking System.....or something like that. But that things is GREAT! My mom, Kristen, Autumn, Rei and I piled into our van early this morning and set out for Charlotte NC with nothing more than some snacks and a GPS.
I know most of you are probably wondering why on earth would we just take 2 hour trip to Charlotte on a whim. Well the thing is it wasn't a whim just very bad planning on someone's part.
The thing is at 10:45 AM -- We arrived at the Charlotte international Airport to meet a US Airlines employee who was to take Rei up to New York. I do admit to being a little surprised at holding myself together very well. I chatted with the lady for a little while before getting our picture taken and handing the leash over. And then all of the sudden my vision became very blurry as sudden tears filled my eyes.. as they started to walk into the airport..Rei (aww man its happening again...) turned around to find out why I'm not coming with her; before turning and prancing off with the volunteer.
We in turn drove sadly sort of in shock that we had actually had raised a puppy from "birth" to formal training stage....well at least i was anyways.
And this ends the saga of my time with Rei, its been a long and arderous journey but we've persevered! And I got good reports on Rei's behavior in the airport and on the plane! I can only hope for many many more.
Back to the GPS though, since we couldn't go home right away, we were able to find some stores and spend a full 4-5 hours with nothing to do but shop!!!
After getting something to eat and arguing with the GPS (and my mom) about which was the correct route ( it was wrong at times.......and.......we...were.....wrong......sometimes....s) we made it back to the airport at about 4:45PM. And then we waited.
For what??
For the Volunteer to call us.
Why?
What do you mean why?
Why as in....why did you go BACK to the airport...Rei's gone you can't get her back!
Well DUH!!
Well you see she was brining me something back from New York when she went up their.....
Really? What was it?
What do you think...???
I know most of you are probably wondering why on earth would we just take 2 hour trip to Charlotte on a whim. Well the thing is it wasn't a whim just very bad planning on someone's part.
The thing is at 10:45 AM -- We arrived at the Charlotte international Airport to meet a US Airlines employee who was to take Rei up to New York. I do admit to being a little surprised at holding myself together very well. I chatted with the lady for a little while before getting our picture taken and handing the leash over. And then all of the sudden my vision became very blurry as sudden tears filled my eyes.. as they started to walk into the airport..Rei (aww man its happening again...) turned around to find out why I'm not coming with her; before turning and prancing off with the volunteer.
We in turn drove sadly sort of in shock that we had actually had raised a puppy from "birth" to formal training stage....well at least i was anyways.
And this ends the saga of my time with Rei, its been a long and arderous journey but we've persevered! And I got good reports on Rei's behavior in the airport and on the plane! I can only hope for many many more.
After getting something to eat and arguing with the GPS (and my mom) about which was the correct route ( it was wrong at times.......and.......we...were.....wrong......sometimes....s) we made it back to the airport at about 4:45PM. And then we waited.
For what??
For the Volunteer to call us.
Why?
What do you mean why?
Why as in....why did you go BACK to the airport...Rei's gone you can't get her back!
Well DUH!!
Well you see she was brining me something back from New York when she went up their.....
Really? What was it?
What do you think...???

Comments
Can you invite me to read your other blog? I want puppy pictures. ;-)
Can you invite me to read your other blog? I want puppy pictures. ;-)
Farmgirl4JEsus@aol.com
Can I pllllease see the new bundle of fluff? chameleon222@hotmail.com
Sarah
Erin, congratulations on a job very well done- it's obvious that you put a ton of work and patience into training Rei and you should be very proud of how she's turned out :)
Lots of hugs, and hope to hear Rei news soon!
Can I pllllease see the new bundle of fluff? chameleon222@hotmail.com
Farmgirl4JEsus@aol.com