Treachea Bronchitis

Bronchitis - Canine bronchitis is inflammation of the bronchial tubes, usually as a complication of an infection of the respiratory system, diseases like distemper, pneumonia, or as a consequence of exposure to extreme cold. May also occur as a result of a dog being in water for prolonged periods and not thoroughly dried off afterward. Breathing in irritating gases or continuous exposure to irritating fumes are other causes of bronchitis. Signs to watch for are variable coughs, often coarse, sudden and uncontrollable, especially after a long night's rest and gasping and crackly breathing. Older dogs are more likely to suffer chronic bronchitis, which frequently coincides with vascular insufficiency. The difficulties breathing and their coughs are distressing. They will also often vomit with a lot of mucus, alone or with abundant nasal secretion. Any change of room temperature can provoke a cough outburst. Keep your dog warm, especially the chest and back. It is important that he is under veterinarian treatment, due to the possibility of vascular repercussions.

Midnight has been diagnosed as having this, and is on new meds. Hopefully she'll get better soon.

She is now 26.5lbs

Comments

Poor Midnight! I hope she feels better soon!
MK said…
Poor baby. :-( I hope she gets well soon!
I hope you get better soon Midnight!!

Brax
Emily and Keno said…
Poor Midnight :( Get well soon!!
Sarah and Vance said…
Oh dear! I hope poor baby Midnight gets better soon! The poor thing! Cobra and I send lots of kisses and hugs XOXOXOXO
thepuppyraiser said…
Poor sweetie! Hope it doesn't last too long :(

PS Erin-I liked your little list of "Things Midnight's Teeth Have Graced" haha
Jake and Joanna said…
Poor Midnight!!! Feel better soon little girl!!!
Erin said…
Oh dear! I hope poor baby Midnight gets better soon! The poor thing! Cobra and I send lots of kisses and hugs XOXOXOXO

Popular Posts