9-Months Old

Thursday was our 4-H's District Activity at Brevard College. This year I didn't have time/didn't want to do a presentation because since winning Gold last year at the State level, I couldn't do that "speech" again. So I just opted out of doing anything.
But my sister did a presentation on Air Cars and was sent on to the District Level.
I had no clue that any of this had happened until....well the night before Thursday. So I had a tough descion to make. Keep my prior engagements intact and miss my sisters presentation or...go and be a support to her.Well I'm sure you can guess which one I picked.
Brevard College has a beautiful campus, but their facilities are kind of old.... and un-air condintioned. In other words...it was HOT.
We got to Kristens room on time, but there were quite a few people in front of her, so Midnight, Autumn and I wandered around the campus. What suprises me is the amonted of people who recognized us for last year! People I didn't even know came up to me and asked was this the same puppy as last year; They seemed pleased to hear that no this wasn't and that the last was had made it as a Guide Dog! Its always fun to go to repeat events, with different puppies.
Midnight is SUCH a different dog then Rei.... last year ; The squirrels may have been out in vengence...but WE didn't notice them!
Since we are in that "teenage" stage of life...she was a bit stubborn, but nothing like...well we'll not put anyone in a bad light! Maybe it helped that I didn't have the stress of prepping for a presenation added to the mix as well. Anyways, Kristen won Gold for her presentation, and is headed for State!!!

9-Months Old
We are almost halfway through with this process, believe it or not!! As it looks now, we probably only have six months with our girl. So far our journey has been a pleasant one, with the occasional bumps and twists, which come in all puppy walking experiences. It keeps it life interesting! Midnight has hit the teenage stage of her puppyhood; and is testing her boundaries. I've also noticed within the last couple of months how her demeanor has changed…..while it used to be a stern voice would have her "groveling", now…. she's trying see if there's any "bite" to my "bark". That is to say, is there any correction going to come? Unfortunately for her there is! Beating the Heat
This summer, we are always looking for ways to cool off; and enjoy being outside. Out come the kiddie pools! While Rei needed some encouragement to step into the pool; Midnight dove in without a moments hesitation, completely saturated herself. At work, her favorite spot is lying next too the water bowl. She'll dip her face in it and drip it all over the place, and then roll it in. What is her favorite hobby you ask? Drinking water. This girl absolutely LOVES water.

So thats this months update!!
Have a great weekend!

Comments

Mosier 'n Me said…
9 months? Oh boy...it won't be long before Mosier is that old...time flies!
Erin ~ it's been awhile since I was last here. I can't believe how Midnight has grown, 9 months already! Sounds like you are working hard with her.

Popular Posts