The End.

We have reached the end of our journey as Rei's puppy walkers. She is now a working guide probably on her way as we speak. I was able to have a long conversation with her new handler yesterday and I know she is well loved.
It still is bittersweet, because I can no longer claim her as my own.
Dolly's raiser, also called me this afternoon and let me know how it the Celebration went, as well as too tell me that I would have been very proud of my girl.
Its hard to believe still that I missed my first Guide Dogs graduation; but believe me we're doing EVERYTHING in our power to make sure I make it to Midnights...IF she graduates. Which she WILL. ::grins::
This will probably be one of my last posts on this blog for the next three months, as GDF's policy, is no contact until that time, to give the handler and dog a time to bond.
WE DID IT!!


Erin
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind
Puppy Walker
  1. Jake - Male Golden Retriever - Career Changed
  2. Rei - Female Black Labrador - Guide Dog
  3. Midnight - Female Black Labrador - Puppy In Training

Comments

Mosier 'n Me said…
WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy. :)
Hobbes Dogs said…
Congrats Erin! You should be very proud of all you did to get her to this point. We are thinking good thoughts for Rei and her new partner.
Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said…
Congrats Erin. YAY!!! THat's great news. I wish you could have gone... it's not fun to have to miss. You should be so proud. And, of course you'll make it to Midnight's!! :)
Emily and Keno said…
That's great!! Congrats to both of you!!!
Congrats! I know Ive told you this before but I didnt get to go to my first guides graduation either. Its hard but you know they are doing what they were bred for! YEY Rei! Keep up the good work
Sarah and Vance said…
Oh Erin! I am so proud of you! Even though you weren't able to make it to the grad. you were able to speak to the graduate! that's amazing. She is fantastic and you did an excellent job with her! Midnight has BIG shoes to fill!
Good job you to. Rei is going to be the perfect working guide.
Erin said…
Good job you to. Rei is going to be the perfect working guide.
Erin said…
Good job both of you!!
Erin said…
Congrats! I know Ive told you this before but I didnt get to go to my first guides graduation either. Its hard but you know they are doing what they were bred for! YEY Rei! Keep up the good work
Erin said…
Congrats Erin! You should be very proud of all you did to get her to this point. We are thinking good thoughts for Rei and her new partner.

Popular Posts