I blame my sinus's
That and my lack of internet is a big reason i missed IWYPRSD.
I am very sad of that.
But seriously ever since staying in east Tennessee, I have found out what its like to have sinus problems; and I'm here to tell you its...HORRIBLE!
Tim and I didn't do much that anyways, since I was trying to plan a surprise party for a friend; so most of my day was spent on the phone, trying finish up arrangements for that. Very Boring.
But we did do some shopping/exploring on Friday, and he did great! It was one of our best days for far! I feel that I might finally begining to bond with this dog....
I think because his harness is black, and he is black, people don't notice it really; so I do get a lot of..."I didn't know you could have a dog in here" comments.
Weelll at Hobby Lobby, my sisters and I are walking around, doing our thing etc..etc... when I happen to look up and see an older lady at the end of the aisle.
She of course is craning trying to see the dog....same old same old right? Not two minutes later, she appears to 'walk by us' and happens to see the dog....
Lady: "Oh what do we have here? I mean what kind of dog is he?"
Me: (taking her literally hee hee) "He's a Flat Coat Retriever"
Lady: "Oh I mean, what does he do?"
Me:" He's a Austim Service Dog in Training"
Lady:" Oh I didn't think they allowed large dogs in here on a leash"
Me: "Hmmm" :D
Once she left, a manager happened to walk by and see us, and came stalking up the aisle:
Manager: "Excuse me? EXCUSE ME!!"
Me: Looks at her
Manager:" We don't allow large dogs in the store"
Me: He's a service dog (in training)
Manager: With WHAT organization?
Me: Shows her my ID.
Manager: "OH" and stalks off.
And that is just a couple of instances.....hopefully my next trainee will be lighter colored, so I don't get so many strange looks! lol
Emily- About the harness, it for the child to hold on to/ as well as be hooked to. The dog doesn't take any commands/correction from the harness. That's as much as I know right now.
This week, we are meeting with the head trainer and then we have a puppy meeting on Tuesday...hopefully pics soon!
Erin, Bubbles, Texas and Timothy
I am very sad of that.
But seriously ever since staying in east Tennessee, I have found out what its like to have sinus problems; and I'm here to tell you its...HORRIBLE!
Tim and I didn't do much that anyways, since I was trying to plan a surprise party for a friend; so most of my day was spent on the phone, trying finish up arrangements for that. Very Boring.
But we did do some shopping/exploring on Friday, and he did great! It was one of our best days for far! I feel that I might finally begining to bond with this dog....
I think because his harness is black, and he is black, people don't notice it really; so I do get a lot of..."I didn't know you could have a dog in here" comments.
Weelll at Hobby Lobby, my sisters and I are walking around, doing our thing etc..etc... when I happen to look up and see an older lady at the end of the aisle.
She of course is craning trying to see the dog....same old same old right? Not two minutes later, she appears to 'walk by us' and happens to see the dog....
Lady: "Oh what do we have here? I mean what kind of dog is he?"
Me: (taking her literally hee hee) "He's a Flat Coat Retriever"
Lady: "Oh I mean, what does he do?"
Me:" He's a Austim Service Dog in Training"
Lady:" Oh I didn't think they allowed large dogs in here on a leash"
Me: "Hmmm" :D
Once she left, a manager happened to walk by and see us, and came stalking up the aisle:
Manager: "Excuse me? EXCUSE ME!!"
Me: Looks at her
Manager:" We don't allow large dogs in the store"
Me: He's a service dog (in training)
Manager: With WHAT organization?
Me: Shows her my ID.
Manager: "OH" and stalks off.
And that is just a couple of instances.....hopefully my next trainee will be lighter colored, so I don't get so many strange looks! lol
Emily- About the harness, it for the child to hold on to/ as well as be hooked to. The dog doesn't take any commands/correction from the harness. That's as much as I know right now.
This week, we are meeting with the head trainer and then we have a puppy meeting on Tuesday...hopefully pics soon!
Erin, Bubbles, Texas and Timothy

Comments