So Much News!

  • First couple days at the kennels went smoothly, the pups played, I cleaned, sent pups on field trips with volunteers, and took one of a trip myself. Abby is a 9-12 month old Labradoodle that we rescued a couple of weeks ago from a backyard breeder. Covered in mats and fleas, my co-worker/kennel owner Heather shaved her down with what she had on hand...a pair of surgical scissors. So she's....going to be cute one day :)) I took her on a couple of outings, she hates the car, so we spent most of our time working on getting in and out of the car.
Abby - Labradoodle
Group of Puppies at the fence
Yoda sticks his head through the fence
-Yoda

Other pups include: Sam, Titus, Ulla and Xena - 4 month old Golden's who are all siblings, they have 3 others Willow, Victoria and Ruben who are in foster care. Lydia and Kay are 7 months old and siblings, and related to the RSTUVWX pups. Than we have Yoda who is a German/Rottie/Dobie (we're still arguing on which one he is) super smart guy.
  • Saturday - Victoria's fosters had a family emergency and dropped her off at the kennels for boarding.After observing her for a couple of hours, I began to realize there was something wrong with her...and a simple touch confirmed that...basically she's nothing but fur and bones....not an ounce of body fat on this dog... I spoke with some of our volunteers, who'd also seen her pre-foster care, and they were as shocked as I was. So I decided to take her home with me; she's doing much better and her energy levels are coming up! Ira is being a very bad influence, but she's been a very good little house guest. Makes me miss having a puppy! 
Victoria with head on my lap


  • And on the latest news on the GDF front....MIDNIGHT IS BEINGS BRED! THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be a grandma!!!  I feel so young to take on such a title!  I do know one of my blind friends will be sponsoring one of her pups in memory of her Father!! Talk about an Honor!!! I'm going to BEG my boss to let me raise one of her pups since this new program won't conflict with my training their dogs.....We'll see. 

Comments

Hey, Victoria is adorable, although reminds me of Eva at that age :-( I hope she starts feeling better soon and puts some weight on! I don't know what you say about Yoda, but I see Dobie in him ;-)

I think you should get to raise and train! Specially since you aren't training in home anymore, you could raise at home and train at campus! I hope it works out and you get a Midnight baby in a couple short months!
Poor Victoria! I hope she thrives and regains weight under your loving care.

As for Yoda, he looks all Rottie to me.

That's awesome news about Midnight! I hope you get to raise one of her pups.
Yay for Midnight being bred! I hope you get to raise one of the puppies as it shouldn't interfere with your work at all :-D

Going purely off the headshape of Yoda, if he's mixed with a shepherd he'd have to be Dobie. There's not way a Shepherd/Rottie would produce a head that narrow with that narrow of a jaw. A Rottie mix would have much more of a round/block head, even if the shepherd side were more streamlined/narrow.

Popular Posts