IWYPRS Day!

Our day was actually pretty boring,first I forgot what day it was, and then remembered 10 minutes before I was supposed to head out the door. So I tore up my room looking for the shirt,before finding it buried in a drawer.

It was a beautiful day outside, so when I arrived home, I grabbed my laptop and took the dogs out to play. Except they didn't. They wanted to lay beside me and sun bathe. *eye roll*

Pomps did decide to explore a bit, and found......a dead mouse or something. I saw him come tearing across the yard with something in his mouth, and immediately knew what he had. Of course he wanted to come right too me, and show me his prize.


Thankfully I was able to convince him that kibble was much yummier, and throw away the dead creature.





Today's outing was too be to my study meet up with a friend of mine; we like to hang out at Panera Bread, due to their free WiFi and great study atmosphere. We normally stay from 6:30ish until they close at 10:00pm; a long time for a bored puppy.


So about 15 minutes before we left, Pompei and I walked around the property at top speed. I knew when he started his "stop and flop" that we were good to go.


His signature move to let me know he's tired, bored,etc... :)

He did a lot better than I was expecting..(Puppy Training Trick #424 - Set your expectations low, so the puppy will exceed them, ALWAYS.THINK.POSITIVE)...and after making sure the floor in our vacinity was completely clear, he settled and slept for about three hours. Straight. Wooooo!

Have a mentioned tired puppies are good puppies?? 



That of course means, that when we got home, he was more than ready to run and play. But alas for him, it was bed time.

....I don't really hear him complaining much about that!

Comments

CD McLean said…
Ah, tired puppies. They are so wonderful. 8-)
Beth and Alfie said…
Ha ha -- love that about setting your expectations low! ;-) I do that too...

Sounds like he's making great progress w/ the waiting process...terrific!
Becky Andrews said…
Oh, Pompei you are adorable. I just want to hold and cuddle w/you.
Erin said…
Ha ha -- love that about setting your expectations low! ;-) I do that too...

Sounds like he's making great progress w/ the waiting process...terrific!

Popular Posts