speaking of sleeping - how do you get him to settle down while you're in class? Bob gets tired in class but refuses to go to sleep - he just walks around all zombie like with a glazed look on his face and won't just lay down and fall asleep. Maybe he's not comfortable falling asleep in class.. Also - If I step on his leash his back end stays up and his face stays on the ground, I try to make him lay down but he just stands up again - should I just be more persistent with it?
Hi Natalie, I wish I had the "cure" all solution for this, but we're still working on that with Pompei as well. Last week I went to class early and walked him around the building a couple of times, and that was enough to wear both him and I out. He was literally not moving anymore. And he slept through those classes..also do you bring any toys with you to keep him entertained? I pretty much have a bag dedicated just for Pompei lol :)
I bring some toys but he gets bored with them after about 45 minutes lol... I just don't want him to start barking at me to play in the middle of class haha.
LOL been there done that too recently unfortunately...I guess the main things are make sure he's tired enough to lay down, then just remain consistent in the position you want him to be in. I think I probably had Pompsters "Sit - Down" about 20 times during class on Monday. But he finally gave up and slept. THe next class wasn't as tough, because we were both tired after that "battle" lol. *sigh* These guys are a lot of work for sure!!
I bring some toys but he gets bored with them after about 45 minutes lol... I just don't want him to start barking at me to play in the middle of class haha.
Hi Natalie, I wish I had the "cure" all solution for this, but we're still working on that with Pompei as well. Last week I went to class early and walked him around the building a couple of times, and that was enough to wear both him and I out. He was literally not moving anymore. And he slept through those classes..also do you bring any toys with you to keep him entertained? I pretty much have a bag dedicated just for Pompei lol :)
Comments