Thoughts
Furry Support System
Who knew four years ago, how much I would rely on my furry companion to get my through my day. Now that school is finished,Pompei and I haven't got to spend as much time together, I'm finding I'm really missing having his furry head pop up and nudge my hand every once in a while. This is the first job I've worked, that has not allowed me to have my dogs with me and its a lot harder than I thought it would be. Granted this is the first job I've worked that didn't involve dogs of some sort so all these feelings are a little strange to me.
*sigh* You see why I keep coming back for more? I don't think I could last very long mentally, without a SDIT or PIT.
I also guess that's part of the reason I'm soo excited Pompei gets to come to work with me tomorrow! UTPD will be hosting a golf tournament for scholarship fund..or something... and my boss said if the golf course allowed it, Pompei could come! With our laws I knew it wouldn't be a problem, but called anyway just to say i did, and sure enough its all good!
So Pompei and I will put around the course taking pictures, before we head to A.ville for a friends graduation! Its going to be a big day for him, to be sure!
Summer Time
But now that summer is here, my thoughts have been straying more and more towards Wilderwood again. While we had our bumpy roads, I still loved not only being able to train the dogs, but being able to work with the families that received the dogs. I hate not being involved especially when its only 20 miles away from my home! So I'm thinking this summer I may see if I can snatch a pup or two for the weekends, to get them socialized to a home environment and two so Pompei can have a bigger dog to play with. I'd really like to see his confidence levels go up in that regard. I also need to find an obedience class to start taking him to so he can learn to work around other dogs, but am a little hesitant to just pick anyone.
I want a trainer who is positive yet willing to work with the Guide Dog Foundation's rules, though I'm not too worried about that...they can't MAKE me do anything.. :) And lastly I need someone whose not going to charge me ...at all truthfully. Pompei knows all of his commands, we just need a group to sit in with. But K.Ville is not what you'd call a dog friendly town, so finding trainers period is a little bit of a hard task.
I have a couple that I will call, their training philosophy seems like something I can agree with so we'll see what happens!
Who knew four years ago, how much I would rely on my furry companion to get my through my day. Now that school is finished,Pompei and I haven't got to spend as much time together, I'm finding I'm really missing having his furry head pop up and nudge my hand every once in a while. This is the first job I've worked, that has not allowed me to have my dogs with me and its a lot harder than I thought it would be. Granted this is the first job I've worked that didn't involve dogs of some sort so all these feelings are a little strange to me.
*sigh* You see why I keep coming back for more? I don't think I could last very long mentally, without a SDIT or PIT.
I also guess that's part of the reason I'm soo excited Pompei gets to come to work with me tomorrow! UTPD will be hosting a golf tournament for scholarship fund..or something... and my boss said if the golf course allowed it, Pompei could come! With our laws I knew it wouldn't be a problem, but called anyway just to say i did, and sure enough its all good!
So Pompei and I will put around the course taking pictures, before we head to A.ville for a friends graduation! Its going to be a big day for him, to be sure!
Summer Time
But now that summer is here, my thoughts have been straying more and more towards Wilderwood again. While we had our bumpy roads, I still loved not only being able to train the dogs, but being able to work with the families that received the dogs. I hate not being involved especially when its only 20 miles away from my home! So I'm thinking this summer I may see if I can snatch a pup or two for the weekends, to get them socialized to a home environment and two so Pompei can have a bigger dog to play with. I'd really like to see his confidence levels go up in that regard. I also need to find an obedience class to start taking him to so he can learn to work around other dogs, but am a little hesitant to just pick anyone.
I want a trainer who is positive yet willing to work with the Guide Dog Foundation's rules, though I'm not too worried about that...they can't MAKE me do anything.. :) And lastly I need someone whose not going to charge me ...at all truthfully. Pompei knows all of his commands, we just need a group to sit in with. But K.Ville is not what you'd call a dog friendly town, so finding trainers period is a little bit of a hard task.
I have a couple that I will call, their training philosophy seems like something I can agree with so we'll see what happens!

Comments