November 16:Dogs and Kid Toys
Those of us who are around children, with our puppies know how much FUN kid toys are too our dogs. Their toys don't compare the funny, moving antics of kid toys, the softness of the stuffed animals, or the sink your teeth softness of plastic, not to mention the delectable wood toys that just BURST in your mouth. So when visiting peoples houses, I spend a lot of time guarding the kids, so they dogs aren't constantly waltzing away with their things.
Pompei, really impressed me Sunday, we were at a friends house, who had two little boys there, who as soon as they were done eating, promptly brought out the train set to dump all.over.the floor, as little boys are apt to do. I leashed Pompei cause I knew the temptation would be too great for his little brain. (I think he already gave into temptation earlier, as I picked up fragments of wood)
Now that I think about, I just lost a couple of notches in my "impressedness" of him...the dude knew he had his leash on so was on his better behavior. Oh well. He still did a great job of ignoring the objects, and not knocking over buildings with his size.
P.S - Did you notice the stretch at the end of the video? That's Pompei's signature move to sneak away from me during class. Just slowly stretches, and lays, and stretches, and lays.....
Pompei, really impressed me Sunday, we were at a friends house, who had two little boys there, who as soon as they were done eating, promptly brought out the train set to dump all.over.the floor, as little boys are apt to do. I leashed Pompei cause I knew the temptation would be too great for his little brain. (I think he already gave into temptation earlier, as I picked up fragments of wood)
Now that I think about, I just lost a couple of notches in my "impressedness" of him...the dude knew he had his leash on so was on his better behavior. Oh well. He still did a great job of ignoring the objects, and not knocking over buildings with his size.

Comments
Pompei was a wonderful gentleman. I'd love to have seen what he would have done when the train came back around toward his head.