Nov. 3 - English Class
![]() |
| Pompei poses in English 1010 in front of a Map |
I've always heard that yellow dogs were perceived as more friendly than black or darker dogs, but didn't really think much of it until Pompei. Pompei has been my most popular pup to date. Sure Midnight was adored by all of my teachers, and Rei was...well..she was cute. None were fawned over as Pompei has been.
Seriously I've had the hardest time telling people "NO" and having them stick to it. I have to repeat the rules every class period....granted Mr.Friendly doesn't help by trying to sneak petting while I'm not looking, or when the lights are turned down low. He's become a pro and stretching himself as far as he can go, and scooting to whomever is close enough to pet him. He knows that can't resist him...but I'm tempted to whack peoples hand with the end of the leash, when they go to pet him. *sigh*
I've explained why its important until I'm blue in the face, and they are really good about not touching if we are walking. However get us in a closed classroom........
Such is life as a puppy walker/service dog handler.


Comments
I have to say that English is my favorite subject and to see Pompeii in my class would be icing on the cake!
Such a cute puppy!
Rudy's Raiser
I wonder if it has something to do with a dark dog having a face that is harder to read. In a light colored dog, the eyes stand out much more and give a human something to connect with. A dark dogs eyes recede and are probably harder to read.
My dog Shadow (on the header of my blog Something Wagging This Way Comes) got a lot of attention. I think it's because the white coloration on her face and the "eyebrows" really catch a person's attention.