Our Trip--Part 1
YAY!! We are back!! It was one just wow, trip man......here it is in two part segments.
Part One
We embarked on our journey around 5:00PM some where there abouts. Which means we were home for about an hour after we left the funeral, which is an AMAZING time for our family to go home and come back out!
We traveled through TN before stopping to get Pizza and Fed Jake,who was having a hard time getting comfortable so after busying him I put him in his crate for the night.
As we traveled into Kentucky some of us dropped off to sleep, while others of us drove(me) or listened to CD's (me and Weston) or Read ( Mom,Robyn, & Kristen) which means that only my dad, Autumn and Evan we're sleeping. ANYWAYS.
Those of us that were awake, got to watch a really magnificent lightning show! It was WILD!!!
I mean like lighting bolts crawling across the skyand then flashing and flashing like this huge strobe light!! I had a hard time seeing the road the light was so bright.
I drove for about an hour and a half before my dad took over, and then the rain came. Heavy and Fast!!
And it was about 3 1/2 hours of HEAVY, BLINDING, Rain. To me it was kind of scary cause i could see the road and was wondering how my dad was seeing, but since we kept traveling at the same pace, I guess he was okay!
We reached Chicago around 8AM--We were staying at a place called the Thea Bowman Center, although it was nothing like I had imagined it, but then nothing ever is! Take Puppy Raising for example.....but that's a different story.
Jake was well recieved by my relatives even though i sensed a little misgivings among the ranks, but he quickly dispelled all doubts.
Anyways there was to be a picnic/party to be held later on that afternoon for my grandpa's 70th birthday, so my family,Aunt and Grandmother headed to the Party Store's to pick up some supplies. Unfortunatly for us there is a Game Stop just next door, so my Dad and the boys decide to heads in,locking the doors.
Which leaves Robyn,Autumn,Jake and I in the Car. Anyways Robyn decided to go in with my dad,I am like YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME HERE!! So I grab Jake's coat & ID and head into the Party Store (making sure the doors are locked, cause we are after all in a big city!)
Usaully my dad takes the car keys with him because he forgets it may be too hot/cold in there for the rest of us, but this one time he decides to leave them, unbeknownst to me.
Anyways do our little things and head to the van.
Me: Dad can I have the keys?
Dad: They were with you!
Me: Um i didn't have them?
Looking in the windows and checking the doors. ALL locked, and there in the ignition are the keys.
All I can say is Thank God for Triple A (AAA) An about an Hour later we we're able to make our way to the party. It's was Ok, met a lot of Cousins. But the main thing is my Grandpa appriciated it.
To Be Continued...............
Part One
We embarked on our journey around 5:00PM some where there abouts. Which means we were home for about an hour after we left the funeral, which is an AMAZING time for our family to go home and come back out!
We traveled through TN before stopping to get Pizza and Fed Jake,who was having a hard time getting comfortable so after busying him I put him in his crate for the night.
As we traveled into Kentucky some of us dropped off to sleep, while others of us drove(me) or listened to CD's (me and Weston) or Read ( Mom,Robyn, & Kristen) which means that only my dad, Autumn and Evan we're sleeping. ANYWAYS.
Those of us that were awake, got to watch a really magnificent lightning show! It was WILD!!!
I mean like lighting bolts crawling across the skyand then flashing and flashing like this huge strobe light!! I had a hard time seeing the road the light was so bright.
I drove for about an hour and a half before my dad took over, and then the rain came. Heavy and Fast!!
And it was about 3 1/2 hours of HEAVY, BLINDING, Rain. To me it was kind of scary cause i could see the road and was wondering how my dad was seeing, but since we kept traveling at the same pace, I guess he was okay!
We reached Chicago around 8AM--We were staying at a place called the Thea Bowman Center, although it was nothing like I had imagined it, but then nothing ever is! Take Puppy Raising for example.....but that's a different story.
Jake was well recieved by my relatives even though i sensed a little misgivings among the ranks, but he quickly dispelled all doubts.
Anyways there was to be a picnic/party to be held later on that afternoon for my grandpa's 70th birthday, so my family,Aunt and Grandmother headed to the Party Store's to pick up some supplies. Unfortunatly for us there is a Game Stop just next door, so my Dad and the boys decide to heads in,locking the doors.
Which leaves Robyn,Autumn,Jake and I in the Car. Anyways Robyn decided to go in with my dad,I am like YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME HERE!! So I grab Jake's coat & ID and head into the Party Store (making sure the doors are locked, cause we are after all in a big city!)
Usaully my dad takes the car keys with him because he forgets it may be too hot/cold in there for the rest of us, but this one time he decides to leave them, unbeknownst to me.
Anyways do our little things and head to the van.
Me: Dad can I have the keys?
Dad: They were with you!
Me: Um i didn't have them?
Looking in the windows and checking the doors. ALL locked, and there in the ignition are the keys.
All I can say is Thank God for Triple A (AAA) An about an Hour later we we're able to make our way to the party. It's was Ok, met a lot of Cousins. But the main thing is my Grandpa appriciated it.
To Be Continued...............

Comments