Tim and Company

texas and Tim playikng in the snow

Tim and texas playing in the snow


{Texas and Tim playing in the snow}

We have officially reached our one week mark with Mr. Tim. It has been an experience to say the least; which also marks one week as residents of Knoxville TN.

Tim and I are improving everyday, but we still have a ways to go before we sleep. We will meet with the president tomorrow and go over my list of questions...Which I can assure you is very, very long.

Yesterday was probably our best day together, I was going a little stir so despite the 18 degree weather, I loaded Tim in the car and took off: D.

We wet to about five stores, and while he was perfect, it was a vast improvement over the last couple of days, after that I drove around to find a local dog park, so we could practice some off-leash recall…I was hoping no one would be there due to the weather, but alas, it was bouncing, so Tim and I walked around the "human park" …I should say slipped and slid around the human park, and then went in. He reacted as a dog that has not been in a group of dogs reacts. I hate having to "shove" him into a pack of unknown dogs, unlike at daycare where we introduced the dogs one at a time.

He did ok, and since he was too keen on playing we were able to practice some recall. I stayed for about thirty minutes, before realizing I couldn't feel my feet or fingers, and we drove back home. All that wore him out and he immediately plopped down and went to sleep.

Its amazing how different something's are when you are on your own; with my family it would have been very stressful to have three dogs in the house, because I would working double time to ensure no accident, nothing gets chewed up, that I know where everyone is..etc…

But by myself, there have been no accidents, no opportunities for anyone to scavenge (cause my floor is clean), No garbage left out for anyone to get too…only toys available are theirs..……aah freedom!!!

Tim laying on his back in the kitchen


TTYL

Erin,Tim,Bubbles and Texas

Comments

Lisa, Ellie and Hosta said…
WOW - so what do you do to train for autism service dogs? Search and things?
Erin said…
WOW - so what do you do to train for autism service dogs? Search and things?

Popular Posts